Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Period is wacky

Period is wacky

I will try to keep this short and to the point. I am on day 9 of my period. The first 6 days were completely normal. Day 7-9 not so much. I started bleeding heavily, with clots and bright red blood, on these days. I am 38 and completely worried. Has anyone had this and it be nothing?

Re: Period is wacky

I'm 22 but my periods can be all over the place! Some weeks it lasts for four days and light. Some weeks it's clots and last 10 days. Are you stressed? Do have any other issues going on at the moment? Sorry I'm not more of help x

I am stressed. I also have hypothyroidism.

When I've been stressed it's caused my periods to go very different! I didn't get my period for three months once I was so stressed during exam season. Also since you have that maybe the mixture if having a effect on your period? Sending you lots of positive thoughts hun x

Thank you so very much. I am trying to calm myself over it.

Yes, loads of times, I am older than you and heading to menopause....and have every imaginable pattern of periods in perimeno for the last 4 years. Stop/start (what you are describing here), longer bleeds, shorter cycles shorter cycles, longer cycles, heaviest days changing, volume of blood loss vastly different on different days and different cycles, and so it goes on. Itll be yer hormones messing about I'm betting.

I'm 41, and I remember the days when my PMS symptoms told me where I was in my cycle. Now they seem to bear no relation to when I actually come on.

Yep !!!! Blueiris, that was when I started to notice something was changing. I am heading to 51 and remember the days when I had a cycle that made any sense or had any pattern...different everytime...irregular in every sense possible.

I stopped bleeding for over 12 hours and I just started bleeding again. Day 10.

Yep, and I had a few where I did this for up to 21 days, a day on a period, a day off, a day on, a day off. It WILL stop. Out of kilter hormones can cause all sorts of oddities, and to be honest at 38 you are well in the right time-frame for the start of this happening (age wise). They say that any change in bleeding pattern should result in a conversation with your GP, so why not pop in and do that ? There are assorted benign causes, in addition to messed up hormone balance, for bleeding being prolonged, like polyps and fibroids - and a medical person should assess the pattern you are describing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information