Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Period is wacky

Re: Period is wacky

I spoke to the nurse and she made me an appointment but it’s not until next Monday.

Well, thats kinda good, as she doesn't think it urgent. Have you had any other period irregularities, or is this the first time?

I have went through this before. It was the apparent cause of a benign ovarian cyst. I don’t know why it scares me so badly.

Me. In fact, my latest period has flared my HA up to the point thar this is the first time I've posted since 2013!

My cycle has been a 21 day cycle this month. I've had no pmt or run up cramps, just straight in with moderate bleeding, then two days of heavy, clotty bleeding. It's barely anything today, but still bright red when I wipe. At this point, it's usually dark brown discharge rather than blood so I am panicking!

I am 39 almost and a few of my friends think I may be perimenopausal so who knows?!

Quote Originally Posted by bettykitten View Post
    Me. In fact, my latest period has flared my HA up to the point thar this is the first time I've posted since 2013!

My cycle has been a 21 day cycle this month. I've had no pmt or run up cramps, just straight in with moderate bleeding, then two days of heavy, clotty bleeding. It's barely anything today, but still bright red when I wipe. At this point, it's usually dark brown discharge rather than blood so I am panicking!

I am 39 almost and a few of my friends think I may be perimenopausal so who knows?!
    Oh my goodness!! Yes it’s bright red when I wipe right now too. Last night it turned brown but today it’s bright red again. And if I sit on the toilet long enough it will start dripping bright red in the water. It has me in a panic!

I have recently been diagnosed with a benign ovarian cyst and my periods have been crazy. Most recently they last for about 7 days and are very light in flow but always bright red blood.

One month I spotted brown blood every day for 3 weeks. Last month was much heavier, but this month when I’ve been much less stressed, it’s only been light and lasted 4 days. Periods are so ODD!

Ps. I’m 46, so they’re a bit all over the place anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the only thing we can take from this is that periods can be weird. I suppose if a woman has menstrual cycles for around 30 years, we can't expect every one to be the same.

I wish I could just let it be. I’m started to feel a tiny bit of pain and it’s got my mind racing.

I have went through this before. It was the apparent cause of a benign ovarian cyst. I don’t know why it scares me so badly.
    Chances are that it could be exactly the same again then. Don't panic, you always have the option to call them straight back anytime before Monday and say you need to be seen sooner/feel pain.

'
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 07-01-20 at 04:15.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information