Thread: Sudden onset of IBS in late 30's? Or something else?

Sudden onset of IBS in late 30's? Or something else?

Hey everyone! I am a 37 year old female with a history of health anxiety which I have been able to manage these last 6-9 months fairly well. One thing that I have never worried or fixated on is digestive issues. Although digestive issues run in my family. I myself have been lucky to avoid them.
    That brings me to Feb 9th, I woke up feeling great. Woked out and then was driving when all of a sudden I felt a headache coming on. I fgured it was allergy related and just kind of ignored it and it was not severe enough for me to take medicine.
    By that afternoon I had developed a stomach ache (deep, aching, constant) in my upper center abdomen. It never went away and about a week later along came the diarrhea multiple times a day, no normal stools. I thougt it was maybe a virus or something bad I ate. But the stomach pain is there daily and I am down to one meal a day because I am just not that hungry and my stomach aches so bad. This past weekend I actually had a few times where I had a normal bowel movement so I was a bit hopeful but still the stomach pain that radiates into my back, just more like an achy feeling in my back will not let up.
    I am trying not to google and freak myself out.
    Any ideas of what this sounds like?
    I am just confused since my digestive health has always been good.
    I started a probioic last week and ibs peppermint pills which I feel since taking the peppermint the pain is not quite as bad and has helped me be able to eat more.

Re: Sudden onset of IBS in late 30's? Or something else?

It could be IBS, but I would get it checked out to be sure. Just an FYI, my IBS didn't start until I was around 35 years of age.

Thread Information