Thread: Very Itchy Down Below? Vulvar Cancer Worries?

Very Itchy Down Below? Vulvar Cancer Worries?

Hi, just wanted to ask some advice, see if anyone else has had this problem.

I've been having a very itchy labia (not the hair part, the inner part), it can get so itchy that I can't not scratch, which then causes little cuts. I've been stopping to stop any infection. It's just like a burning itching. Now, I have cotton underwear, I changed my washing products to Fairy sensitive skin, and for a short while, it seemed to calm down. Still doing all that, but its started to get really itchy again, it seems to calm down, then flare up again at different times of the day, night time mostly.

About 2 months ago, went doctors and she had a good look at it, and told her my fears of vulvar cancer, she didn't seem too concerned. at that point, I had a couple of pale patches on either side down near the opening, so she gave me a cream. It seemed to work, and clear up the pale patches, their not there anymore. However, about a week or so ago, started to get itchy again. I don't know if I'm doing anything differently but I panic and get super anxious about this stuff.

I'm 31, hypothyroid and have PCOS (about a stone overweight which I'm going to try to lose), and I suffer with severe anxiety and also have depression. Just to clarify a few things that it isn't, as I've not been sexually active for like 6 years, so ruling out them things.

Would it be Vulvar cancer? That makes me very anxious and scared.

Re: Very Itchy Down Below? Vulvar Cancer Worries?

Sounds more like thrush but what did the doctor say about going forward with things?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

She gave me cream, and to see how it goes for a few weeks. She also sent off to see a Gyn for consultation, but waiting list is 6 months, so not sure when I'll hear back, but yeah, had some relief tonight by (allowing an airing, and it seemed to help lol).

In the US you can purchase anti itch cream for the vagina. I’ve had to do this and it helped tremendously !

It may be lichen sclerosis which is an autoimmune condition, it causes white patches and itchiness. Your Gynae will know if he/she does a skin biopsy. I see you have hypothyroid (Hashimotos) which is also an autoimmune condition.

Steroid cream usually clears the condition but it may return. If it's LS the gynae will put you on a regime to keep it under control.

Thank you, next time I'm going over, I'll discuss about that as well.

Yeah, it's the scratching I'm trying to avoid desperately, and I was given some cream but it worked for a while, then started again. Could be stress bringing it back again. Thank you.

Maybe if it worked for abit and came back it's partly due to stress about it? I know sometimes when I have a issue and my mind not on it then suddenly it shift back into focus again- it's all that's going on! I hope things work out for you soon hun x you deserve a break!

Hi, yeah, I put some of the cream and a warm wash with a cotton towel, and then got on with my day, it was itchy for about an hour but has been itchy-less all evening, which is very relieving. I also had a look, I couldn't see any white patches anywhere, just seems red around the labia, especially where the hair is. I've also not scratch, trying to stop that, don't want to make it worse.

Yeah, I am quite stressed at the moment, so don't know whether its causing it to flare up a lot, but trying to not panic, as I immediately jumpt to Vulvar cancer, and then that gets me even worse, and panicky.

Hi, did you ever find out the cause for this? I'm going through something similar.

Thread Information