Thread: Stabbing Pain All Over That Comes & Goes - Please Help :(

Unhappy Stabbing Pain All Over That Comes & Goes - Please Help :(

Dear All,

Hope you are all doing okay.

I recently posted on my IBS related symptoms, which has improved (Thank God), and my blood test (CBC) probably came out normal.

I don't know what is it but recently I feel stabbing pain that comes and goes once in a while (maybe twice or thrice a day for few seconds) in these areas:

1) In my neck
    2) In my ear
    3) In my breastbone
    4) Under my armpit
    5) My buttocks
    6) Sometimes my legs
    7) VERY slight ear pain
    8) Under my chin
    9) In my upper arms

They are not swelling, and my throat/jaw does not have a swollen or enlarged lymph node so far. I also don't have a sore throat anymore, although I had it last month for 3 days or so (I get that every winter).

My health anxiety is going super bad for this. I have been checking for lumps all over my body every 1 hour or so. I even caused a scratch on my neck for that. I haven't found any lumps or irritation in my breasts or neck or under arms so far. There is a really small bump under my hair, but that's it.

All I have is slight pain that comes and goes.

I know that anxiety can make these worse, which is why I am trying to control my anxiety. But I still feel them from time to time. It has been 1 week of me feeling this way. I am not sure if it is my anxiety?

I was wondering if it is fibromyalgia? Does anyone have fibromyalgia? Or similar symptoms?

The reason why I am suspecting fibromyalgia is because I have always had painful periods (have it since I was 12, and I got a blood test/X-Ray done for that too, and everything came out normal when I was 16). Have had headache issues since I was a kid too (got a CT scan done at 17 and I was fine). I have scoliosis since birth, but it is manageable. Have always had a restless leg and leg spasms since I was a teen too, and my dad has it as well. I get ear infections very easily too every winter, which my GP says is nothing as it gets better once I start my medication.

Moreover, I started my body pain just after my IBS/bowel symptoms started getting better

And I have always suffered from anxiety.

Recently my health anxiety has been super bad as I think about it in the back of my mind almost always. I am afraid of using the washroom in fear of seeing something. I am afraid of something terrible.

Is it possible that I am noting down my sensations more than before?

Pleaseee reply :(

I am 23 years old female.
    Last edited by glittery; 26-02-19 at 05:18.

Re: Stabbing Pain All Over That Comes & Goes - Please Help :(

Hi, it sounds like something autoimmune, I see you have IBS (which is autoimmune). The stabbing pains could be peripheral neuropathy, indicating some irritation to the nerves. This can happen with Fibro and other autoimmune conditions eg, CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome, Lupus etc). I have CFS and I've had those stabbing pains on and off for years. It comes in flares so I might go several years and not have any. Like you say they only last a few seconds but then begin again.

Re: Stabbing Pain All Over That Comes & Goes - Please Help :(

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hi, it sounds like something autoimmune, I see you have IBS (which is autoimmune). The stabbing pains could be peripheral neuropathy, indicating some irritation to the nerves. This can happen with Fibro and other autoimmune conditions eg, CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome, Lupus etc). I have CFS and I've had those stabbing pains on and off for years. It comes in flares so I might go several years and not have any. Like you say they only last a few seconds but then begin again.
    I guess so But this is all so new to me. I did have terrible few seconds leg pain out of nowhere before but that was just on my leg. Now they have begun traveling in my entire body

Thread Information