Thread: Spiralling and what to do about it

Spiralling and what to do about it

Does anybody have any tips on what to do when you feel yourself spiralling? I feel like as soon as I feel calm and stop worrying about something, another thing will pop up to take its place. First it was melanoma from a freckle that disappeared then it was a sore lump in my armpit that disappeared then after I’d forgotten about that I remembered it and went looking for it only to make my armpit sore and feel nothing. My jaw was sore about a year ago and I felt around to see if anything was there and found nothing until I dug around and felt a lump infront of my ear say where your cheekbone dent is. I put that worry to rest until a while ago when it reentered my head and I went looking and after a few minutes found the lump which is the same that it alwyas was movable and small and no one else can feel it when I’ve asked. I realise this is crazy and I’m currently on lexipro which is helping and I’m trying to rationalize but does anyone have any tips on how to help myself? I get so annoyed at myself it’s like I enjoy finding things to worry about.

Re: Spiralling and what to do about it

Anyone?

Oh hun! I wish I could give some real advice but I'm very guilty of this myself. The list of worries goes on and on ! It's never ending then it's like but- but what if I'm right this time! I find therapy helps with me but it's a long process. Another thing I try to do is not allow myself to much free time, if I don't have work/college etc and have to be at home I try things like painting or using sewing. I'm not very going but it's something I have to put my mind onto!

Thank you so much Sarah I totally agree everytime I get over something and worry about something new I’m like but what if it really is something this time it’s exhausting! I’m definitely going to look into therepy because it’s been an awful year for me it’s the worst I’ve ever been and I can’t get myself out of it. I find when I’m in work or with friends I’m distracted but when I’m not I have nothing else to do but think so I think I will definitely get into something be it walking or painting to keep my mind off it. Wish there was an off button. Hope you’re doing ok sending love your way too x

How you doing hun x

Thread Information