Thread: panic attack relapse. almost a year without one, now im having vary bad ones.

panic attack relapse. almost a year without one, now im having vary bad ones.

im not even shore what brought it on. i get relaxed, and it slowly comes back on, this has been going on sense last night when i had a.. half hour? long attack. what was weird about this one is that i never sweated so much before, my head was dripping sweat. what i need to know is, how do you guys figure out what triggered the attack?

i mean yeah my boss is giving me a bit of a unfair time, my sis is seeing doctors to see why she is getting sick after she eats for the last month, and i been vary connected all winter, not really much new except for the boss telling me more often to work faster, even know i am working faster and cant do anything about the lack of platters because they are all out on the floor, that or i am keeping up with the dishes but she still pushes me. she has done this in the past but not that bad. i thought im over it but maybe im not? how can i tell?? im afraid of having another attack tonight, i had a small one the night before, why at night when im trying to sleep? i don't get to sleep until 2 am because of this. please help me so i can get back on track again.

Re: panic attack relapse. almost a year without one, now im having vary bad ones.

I think you've answered what may have triggered them yourself, a build up of stress. In any case, knowing what the trigger is may not be as important as reminding yourself that you got through it before and you will do again. Yes it's difficult right now but it will pass and get better. All you can do is the usual things like not fight against the panic, that makes it worse. Do breathing exercises like belly breathing and maybe when you go to bed put on a guided relaxation, Michael Sealey has some very good ones. But always remember; this too shall pass.

Re: panic attack relapse. almost a year without one, now im having vary bad ones.

Sometimes panic attacks don't have any real trigger. Other times, the following are usually a culprit:

* Caffeine - even one cup of coffee can set somebody off. People with anxiety just shouldn't drink caffeine! Caffeine can also be found in some OTC painkillers, so read the packet/ask the pharmacist
    * Alcohol - when you're drinking (or drunk) you don't get anxiety. However, the following day many people get rebound anxiety. I suffer from this. Hence, moderate-to-no drinking is advised
    * Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) can cause anxiety. People take t his for blocked noses. Try and avoid if you can

But it does sound like you're having a tough time with your anxiety - can you ask your doctor for a short benzo course to tide you over until you get through this rough patch?

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

well, i desperately need therapy, the doctor said i need it with my meds, but there isnt anywhere less then 2 hours or more near us that will take my insurance. all i have is here, myself, and my family to help calm me down.

my boss still wont let up on me, i get upset at the smallest things that she says to me now, so clearly i cant go my hole life like this, i have been tempted to throw dishes at the wall even. adding on to it all, i feel helpless because i feel like i cant get any help and no one is willing to help.

Thread Information