Thread: Muscle tension in limbs...

Muscle tension in limbs...

Can muscle tension due to anxiety be evident in your limbs?? I have heard a lot about it affecting your neck, chest, shoulders, etc. but has anyone ever felt perceived weakness or tension in your arm or leg?
    It all started last summer. Had this tired and sometimes burning like feeling in my right arm. It would go from my bicep sometimes to my forearm, to shoulders, etc. I went to a walk in clinic and physio. They both did some strength tests, I passed them all and felt like it was a pinched nerve. Told me to do some exercises and it should get better. Eventually for a bit of time this went away. Then for like a month I experienced some tingling in my right foot. This lasted a month or so and has since gone away. Now the tired burning feeling is back in my right arm, and I have this tired kind of feeling in my right thigh as well. I does not stop my from doing anything I need to do, but it just feels like its there. I do admit I have been more stressed than usual lately (work, new home, bills, etc)
    Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any suggestions?

I should also add that for years I had these headaches that would last months at a time. I went for an MRI about 15 months ago and everything was clear. The headaches magically went away after that.... haha

Re: Muscle tension in limbs...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Muscle tension in limbs...

Yeah I get it all over. Mostly between the shoulder blades, but also very apparent in my lower back, hamstrings and calf muscles.

Thread Information