Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My worries

My worries

Hi all,

I haven't posted my own information before, but thought i would before my trip to the colon surgeon next week. Please don't feel the need to reply but you are welcome to if there is anything you wish to comment.

My anxiety started in February 2017, this coincided with my mum having surgery for Ovarian Cancer. I had pains in my groin area and the GP said it was probably a UTI and prescribed me Trimethoprim. Stupidly this was without even testing my urine, after this i developed gas (burping) and the pain continued. GP said IBS and prescribed me various PPI's etc. Eventually agreed to blood tests and pelvic ultrasound (April 2017) - all good. May 2017 i felt a small lump in my groin area, although didn't think anything of this.

I was then referred to gastro as i had a pain on my left side in my ribs. I saw him in January 2018 and he said he didn't think the rib pain was related to my gas etc.

Fast forward to mid September 2018 and I am now 5 months pregnant. I experience bleeding from my bottom over the period of a week, including 3 small blood clots. Went to the GP who said hemorrhoids. I went back to the GP in October 2018 as I was concerned re Bowel Cancer. He stated it was very unlikely and reluctantly agreed blood tests - these again were all fine.

I went back again (GP seems pretty fed up of me now!) and he stated in light of my normal blood tests and the fact i was pregnant a colonoscopy was unlikely and he was also concerned that a clear colonoscopy would not help me as he thinks I have health anxiety. I mentioned that my bowel movements were constipated and are now loose also.

So...I have now developed a pain in my shoulder (i have read this could be referred pain from liver mets) and I am driving myself crazy. In the last few weeks I've convinced myself I am anemic (looking at my inner eye lids, finger nails etc), that it's spread to my bones (pain in hip). Also about 3 weeks ago had blood when wiping (could have been as i had been 4 times already that day)

I have an appointment on 6th March 2019 (next Wednesday) to discuss colonoscopy.

Re: My worries

Hi MrsEd,

It seems like everything is fine, and everything you wrote can be explained. I have read that constipation and diarrhea is a classic symptom of ibs. Pain can come from mental or physical stress. Lumps can be very harmless and as long as they are not growing aggressively it should not be a problem. Bloods can come from a small internal or external tear. Anemia would have been indicated in your blood test, so it can't be that.

I know I am worried about the same things, but I believe there is nothing wrong with you.

I don't think a colonoscopy will be healthy for your baby atm.

I hope you find peace 😊

hi lovely,

i've had my baby now, he is 7 weeks. I postponed the consultation until after i had him.

thank your for your reply x

I really need talking down. I cant talk to my husband as he is getting fed up of my tears i think.

Today i have been having blood like i did in september. Little bit of straining this morning and blood in the bowl. Then (TMI) a large movement which was a lot of blood, then two more the same (the same happened last time going 4 or 5 times i think because the blood made me anxious) i am on the waiting list for a colonoscopy and i phoned last week and they said they are running very behind and it should be June (i was down for routine not emergency).

In september it lasted for about a week and dr sais it was haemorrhoids. So i keep telling myself thats what it must be ,then all the reasons it isnt.

Ive booked a private upper abdominal scan for tuesday because the pain in my right side has been getting wprse the last few days.

So i have now managed to convince myself that its a haemorrhoid since its sore when i have a bowel movement. I am using some cream and will see how that goes. Im still worried that i have bowel cancer that has spread to my liver. Im hoping my abdominal scan tomorrow will either help the nhs to take me seriously or alleviate my concerns.

It should be said that the NHS take everybody seriously. Them saying "it's not bowel cancer" is not them dismissing you, it's them using their expertise and knowledge of many years to reach a diagnosis. It's just an unfortunate side effect of HA that makes us think doctors are dismissing is when they don't diagnose us with what we want them to diagnose us with.

Yeah i understand what you are saying, but I observe the gp rolling his eyes so thats not helpful x

Well i had my private abdominal scan and she looked at my liver, kidneys, spleen and pancreas and all where normal size, colour and shape and she didnt see anything unusual. It is bizzare that about 2 days after that the pain in my right side and shoulder have subsided (nearly 2 weeks now) they havent gone for this long the whole time (since feb).

Since then ive now transfered my anixety to my husband! He has had some incidents of blood and has been tired recently. He has put this down to 2 cuts and that he has been working out hard (5 times a week) as well as working and the last few nights the baby waking us up.

I cant help thinking its bowel cancer (when he had headaches a few months ago i convinced myself he had a brain tumour)

This anxiety is horrible. What can i do to try and overcome it.

What are you doing at the moment to try and manage it?

Nothing, its all very new to me, well accepting that I have it is the new part....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information