Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia

Agoraphobia

Hi all,having panic attacks/agoraphobia for over 3 years is wearing me out For a while I improved now feel am back to square minus 1.I just want to get over this so much.life seems to be passing me by.

bet

Re: Agoraphobia

Hi there Bet.... there is light at the end of the tunnel babes... i was agrophobic for just over a yr and I took small steps every day... took a while with lots of set backs ! I still get loads of PA's and cant go many places on own.. but Rescue remedy is wonderful for helping..... you will do it!

hi there bet

i been suffering with agraphobia for 4 years so your not alone, i cant walk to bottom of street. soon as my house out of sight i start, its all in the mind but hard to get over, im still not over it so ur not alone, take care

Bet,

Are you getting any help from doctors!

Dale

Hi Bet.. It Does Get Better Hun Your Lucky You Found Out What You Have This Early I Wont Even Say How Long Ive Had It But Im Gettin There I Work And Ect I Just Still Have A Prob With Driving Far Alone Still Working On It Tho Just Know This You Will Get Better Keep Practicing Your Relaxations And Exercise And Ect And Know That These Feeling Cant Harm Us....do A Little At A Time Like A Walk Go For A Short Drive You Will See It Will Make Ya Feel So Much Better Hun.......wish Ya The Best.........linda

Hi..
    I've had agoraphobia for nearly 10 years. I am just 32 years old, so a 1/3 of my life has been swallowed by this illness. I've suffered in various degrees and right now i am not doing at all well :(
    I've been told you can recover, i am still waiting.

You are not alone..

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi Bet,

I've had agoraphobia on and off for 13 years now, and this year it's been pretty severe. Trite as it sounds, i think you just have to try and stay positive (i know that can be near impossible at times). I was virtually agoraphobia free for 8 years, so i know it is possible to recover.

Sorry i can't be of any particular help, i'm just another person letting you know you're not alone with this!

Hope everything improves for you soon. Take care,

Lorelai x

thanks everybody for the encouraging and supportive replies.I'm usually very positive but yesterday just felt I was crumbling.I've just turned 32,but any way regardless of age just want to be able to visit my friends etc.basically live a life.I am on cymbalta 60mg about 3 weeks...early days I know.

love and best wishes to you all,

bet

thanks Lorelai,where you on meds during the 8 years you were free of it?

bet x
    Last edited by bet; 06-09-07 at 12:35.

thanks Dale,I live in Southern Ireland and even though alot of doctors around the world are clueless with panic/agoraphobia they are especially clueless here.

bet x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information