Thread: Allergies to bites ruining my life .... help please...

Allergies to bites ruining my life .... help please...

HI guys!
    I"ve been great with controlling the HA but when things happen to my skin it triggers it and I've been triggered pretty bad.
    I've been bitten by ants which apparently don't bite in NZ but I have welts all over my skin and now today I got bitten by something unseen on my stomach and I have a big bright red welt on my stomach, it's quite large, about 10cm big and bright red and it's not going down. So not only have I just gotten over Ant bites which caused great anxiety I now have another massive welt on my stomach. I can't cope with this ... I'm a mess, I'm on the verge of tears as I fear these bites will harm me - maybe cellulitis, or maybe it's an immune response to lupus or something? I don't have lupus. Why do I keep reacting like this!?
    Then to make matters worse, I got bitten by a mosquito on my arm and I've got NO reaction ... so 2 hours later for my welt on my stomach to still be red and sore it concerning, why is it still red and sore!??
    Should I be running to my DR?
    Why me?
    What's going on?
    Guys I"m a mess I need some help .....

Re: Allergies to bites ruining my life .... help please...

Have you been to the library and got out any books lately or been away to a motel, BnB? I'm wondering if the bites are bed bug bites ...I had these several years ago (although there was no evidence of them) and I had to get a professional pest controller to deal to them using a special nerve agent. Bud bug bites are very itchy and they tend to bite in rows quite close to veins, so they can tap into a blood source quickly. The bits usually have a little bubble on top of the spot, they are about the size of flea bites. The stomach seems to be a fav place for them to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    HI guys!
    I"ve been great with controlling the HA but when things happen to my skin it triggers it and I've been triggered pretty bad.
    I've been bitten by ants which apparently don't bite in NZ but I have welts all over my skin and now today I got bitten by something unseen on my stomach and I have a big bright red welt on my stomach, it's quite large, about 10cm big and bright red and it's not going down. So not only have I just gotten over Ant bites which caused great anxiety I now have another massive welt on my stomach. I can't cope with this ... I'm a mess, I'm on the verge of tears as I fear these bites will harm me - maybe cellulitis, or maybe it's an immune response to lupus or something? I don't have lupus. Why do I keep reacting like this!?
    Then to make matters worse, I got bitten by a mosquito on my arm and I've got NO reaction ... so 2 hours later for my welt on my stomach to still be red and sore it concerning, why is it still red and sore!??
    Should I be running to my DR?
    Why me?
    What's going on?
    Guys I"m a mess I need some help .....
    I’ve been bitten by ordinary garden ants several times here in the UK- I don’t know anyone else who has- the little blighters have crawled up my sleeves when I’ve been weeding in the garden. I too am pretty allergic to any sort of bites and the bites were instantly red and swollen. I now whack on some anti histamine cream immediately and take an oral antihistamine tablet and that ensures that they go down more quickly and stop itching too. I think anxiety makes my immune system go nuts and that’s why I react so badly to bites. I have the same problem with tiny little fungus gnat bites! Have you tried antihistamine?

I sometimes have allergic reactions to bites too. The important thing to do is to keep them clean, put on some cream and take an oral antihistamine. Try not to scratch too.
    If they get swollen you can put an emollient on to help the skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information