Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Started Sertraline any advice

Started Sertraline any advice

Hi everyone, well I've finally decided enough is enough. Suffered for years on and off. Current symptons awful ectopics & facial numbness. My mind feels every pain ache tingle and sends me into awful anxiety. Just felt as if medication was worth a try so could start living instead of worrying about dieing. Im still convincing myself at the moment all these symtoms aren't anxiety and also waiting for the awful side effects. Has anyone tried sertraline, would be interested to hear how you went on with it at the start. Thanks take care x

Re: Started Sertraline any advice

Hi, not going lie it was awful. I had flu like symptoms horrible nausea and diareah etc. But I kept going and I'm feeling much better. I started end December so it did take a while. Every one has different symptoms, hope urs are good oned. I started off 25mg for a few weeks then 50mg I did go up 75mg but my bowels couldn't take it so went back down 50mg docs orders. I think I will have to reach 100mg at some point, my mood has lifted too but still slight anxiety and dread feeling there. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Figured I'd give a positive review.

I suffered from some depression after my 1st heart attack, I knew I was depressed. I spoke to my doctor who prescribed Sertraline (Zoloft) and therapy. I was started on 100mg. I really didn't notice any difference for a while other than some tummy/bowel things which are a common side effect. It was others that noticed a positive difference. I was more positive and engaged. It enabled me to focus on therapy and the tools to overcome the depression.

I was on it for six months. It wasn't until I started weaning off that I actually had side effects... Brain zaps, dizziness etc. but that went away in a couple of weeks. I'm not an HA sufferer but I do know that hyper-focusing on bodily sensations (huge HA trait) along with the general effect that anxiety has on the body would make any sensation seem bigger than it is.

While it's different for everyone, I personally had a positive experience.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I'm having awful side effects. I'm on day 8 and having panic attacks that i don't normally have which are awful. I don't know if i should carry on with them x

Hi miss worry
    I'm in a similar place to you. I also have crippling anxiety and panic and it all focuses on physical symptoms and health. after a long time suffering and a long time being too scared to take medication cos of the side effects I have finally decided enough is enough and I took my first tablet last night. I'm taking citalopram tho not sertraline cos ive taken citalopram in the past (2006 and 2011) and it worked for me. I remember it was a few days of feeling more anxious and then ot gradually starts to work. I felt a lot better after a month and then after 3 months almost completely back to my old self.
    So I was terrified last night to take it. I have a job a d 2 kids I cant be having constant panic attacks and feeling ill. I had a panic attack as soon as I took it which was obv my anxiety not the tablet. I slept ok. felt hot and sick this morning and have felt very anxious/ panicky but I dont know if that's me just worrying about side effects and looking for symptoms. My advice from my own past experience and what others have told me is to persevere. in fact last time this happens I phoned my gp and he said an increase in anxiety initially is a good sign as it means the tablets are more likely to work as your body is reacting. try and stick with it and PM me of you want to share this journey xx

Aww thanks for your reply, i hope your feeling ok now. I rang the doc today and he said it was normal and might last for up to two weeks. I take them in the morning and the evenings so far are terrible with panic rising constantly. My hubbie is very good, my kids are older now but I'm trying to act normal at work its bloody tough to be honest. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Take care and keep fighting we are stronger then we think it takes a strong person to soilder on with anxiety xxx

Yes it certainly does take a strong person to deal with this. Anxiety and panic really is the most horrible thing. I'm on day 2 and my symptoms are headache, head and sinus pressure, dizziness and episodes of increased anxiety/ panic, tiredness, oh and waking in the night shaking internally for a fre minutes. tbh tho a lot of this was happening from the anxiety before so I dont know if its rel
    ally side effects.
    I'm dreading work next week, hoping I can function. dont want to tell them what's going on.

Hi i hope your feeling better on the meds, if it helps i think I'm over the worse I'm on day 11, the worse day by far was day 9. Fingers crossed they work now after going thru that. I hope you make it to work ok next week take care xx

thank you. how are you doing now? I'm on day 7 now. cant say I'm feeling much different. went back to work yesterday and was very anxious about physical symptoms. wondering whether to increase to 20mg today. have you increased?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information