Thread: Face & Head numbness help

Face & Head numbness help

Hi well it seems anxiety has come back to haunt me. Sufferering with numb sensations on the right side of my face & head. Its not numb to touch but the sensation is there. I've obviously convinced myself its something terrible. I will never understand how anxiety can give you these symptons out of no where as i wasn't anxious before and now its just taking over. Anybody else suffer with this. It helps to know your not alone xx

Re: Face & Head numbness help

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I often get this and was wondering the same

Oh, God, finally, someone else who feels this! I get a tingling/numb/prickly sensation that starts in my upper arms, then moves up to my neck and face. I used to find it only happened when my thyroid levels were off, and that might still be true because when my thyroid levels are off, my anxiety skyrockets. Search as I might, I rarely find anyone else who experiences this, at least not on any thyroid forums, so it must be an anxiety thing.
    Sue

I get this with anxiety - even when I don't feel anxious - even in my lips. It's horrible but do some controlled breathing and it should ease. I also found a great anxiety meditation audio on you tube which helps me to relax and also to sleep. just google and find one that helps you to relax.

Thanks, I'm sure your right and its anxiety i will try relaxation techniques x

I started getting this feeling back in November. It was just a tingly, almost numb feeling and it would really freak me out. Well, about 2 weeks ago I noticed I get this feeling in my face when I have really bad should and neck tension, but it's only on my right side. Now I also have eye involvement. My right eye just feels different than my left. It's almost like an increased pressure of the eye, but I'm thinking maybe it's the muscles around my eye that are tense? My thyroid levels have also been out of whack lately, so I'm wondering if it's that. I doubt it though because it's only one side and it does seem worse when my anxiety increases. I'm not going to lie- I worry so much about a stroke when I feel this sensation, which only makes it worse! I wish I knew how to stop it.

Thread Information