Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no cure!?!

Re: Why no cure!?!

Yup, I think some people can eradicate, but I've gotten rid of them for years, only to have an odd one come back here and there and just go with it now. (Since being meno they have been more frequent.) It helps me just to accept they might appear, as if I accept I won't be scared if and when it happens....and at times when I am really stressed and anxious one will pop back. Nothing like they used to be of course, as I can squish them. I have found I can't build a stress free existence, as I can't avoid all my stressers, and certainly can't avoid hormone changes....but in an ideal world, yep, itd be great to be able to eradicate everything that causes the problems. Everyone is entirely different of course, and some people use the techniques and thats it, sorted....

Maybe I'm not making much sense now, but in essence I agree with you, its possible, but I don't think its possible for me lol

Ah yes hormonal changes can be harder to cope with, and not always in your control.

In terms of removing stress, you're right...you can't remove everything. What I found was that I was doing things that WERE stressors, that I didn't even realise were stressing me. Even down to eating late at night or over-exercising (this is a big trigger for me). It's about finding your own balance.

Ah yes hormonal changes can be harder to cope with, and not always in your control.
    Sadly not in my control at all......(I also had post natal psychosis after giving birth and was told I would need HRT, but now due to a medical condition can't have it) . I had 20 years without panic attacks, only to resurface now. Yes, finding your own balance, a very good point and I do agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Sadly not in my control at all......(I also had post natal psychosis after giving birth and was told I would need HRT, but now due to a medical condition can't have it) . I had 20 years without panic attacks, only to resurface now. Yes, finding your own balance, a very good point and I do agree with you.

Sorry to hear that. My partner has significant (life changing) problems after the birth of our second. It can be brutal.

Have you ever looked into fasting as a method of hormone balance? It's a bit thread de-raily...but it's quite a powerful tool in helping your body re-balance.

Hiyer, sorry off thread Colin......It was a long time ago, over two decades, the post natal issues. However, I am now suffering similarly with the last few perimenopause years, having been fine in the intervening two decades. I've looked into most things, but not heard of fasting as a method to be honest, not sure what difference it would make to ovarian faliure though lol I will look it up however. Back to COlin, thanks for your thoughts ankiety.

I have accepted that this is one of those diseases that has no cure, but fortunately for us (or so I keep trying to remind myself) at least there are meds available to us to reduce the symptoms. Too bad I fight taking them and am continually trying to get off of them, my doctor wishes I would just be kind to myself and take them.

Hormonal changes out of our control? Ugh. I had my thyroid removed in 2013 so now rely strictly on Synthroid. And the fluctuating levels of TSH in my body ALWAYS bring on anxiety. If it's too high, if it's too low, or even when it's shifting slightly. So I go have blood drawn, see which way I have to adjust my Synthroid, and then for about 5-6 weeks I suffer side effects (and more anxiety) as my body adjusts to the new dose. And what is so frustrating is that I make such TINY changes in the dose that no doctor believes it can be affecting me, but I know it does. We know our bodies better than our doctors do and I am apparently sensitive to meds - doesn't take much for me to feel the effects.

And speaking of things that we don't even realize are stressing us? God, another one that frustrates the hell out of me! If it were an obvious stressor, I would feel more normal about the anxiety, but most of the time it's stuff I realize AFTER the fact that was causing the anxiety that I wouldn't normally suspect. So it's almost impossible to find the root cause of the anxiety that pops up, and, therefore, try to de-stress, if you don't even know why you're stressed!

The sub-conscious is always busy at work, even when the conscious mind isn't feeling it. I just noticed recently that for about 2-3 weeks before I travel cross-country to visit my grandchildren, my anxiety symptoms start popping up and I wrack my brain to figure out why. I never dreamed it was the upcoming trip because I don't usually notice the obvious travel anxiety until a few days before, but apparently, since it's happened so many times (including right now) my anxiety and worries about the trip kick in well in advance. You would think now knowing that I could reduce it somehow, but so far, no luck. :(

Just grateful to be able to share in a place where others understand.
    Sue

We actually need anxiety to survive, sheep dont have it, therefore if you creep up on one and make it jump, you could kill it.

There will never be a cure because its an individuals thought patterns that are the problem, miracle cures from the bogus websites like <admin removal> should be totally ignored and are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 02-04-19 at 00:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin44 View Post
    Seriously. I'd give anything for a cure to stop panic attacks. The worst....

I keep saying I wish my wife could experience just 1 attack to get an appreciation of what i go through when I have an attack.

Worst of all I'm getting them in the middle of the night now and feel even more helpless and alone.

Come on doctors of the world. Find a cure!!
    I also wish my partner could experience just 1 of these attacks I have, but I wouldn't wish this on her. It's nasty. It's hard to get people to understand you're plight. Impossible I'd say unless somebody has had experience with traumatic anxiety.

I very much believe man has created this anxiety. By that I mean the fear of death in western culture, and the fear of loss of possessions, valuables, food, money etc are all problems that didn't exist for original man.

I've had periods in life where I've been successful and wealthy. And those points in life I look to as my happiest. Money was no object. I had little worries. I'd wake up excited every day because every day was something new. Money allowed that to happen, and hard work got me that money. But when the hard work was no longer making me the money it was and you start to nose dive then you're back to experience the world like everybody else. A tough struggle where you barely make ends meat.

And money is the dominator. Without it, you don't survive. The human brain was never born to live that way. Humans can naturally gather their own food and should never be in a situation of starvation in the ideal world because nature feeds.

But all of these things are root causes of anxiety today.

The cure is for humans to stop living self destructive and to start working together like every other related organism seems to do (impossible btw). Without worry there can be no anxiety. Once you get caught in the anxiety trap, it's hard to escape it.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

And money is the dominator. Without it, you don't survive. The human brain was never born to live that way. Humans can naturally gather their own food and should never be in a situation of starvation in the ideal world because nature feeds.
    This is significant, and an undervalued snippet of information when people assess their lives for stress. What we now perceive as normal, is far from it. Being busy is glorified, when in fact it's very dangerous both physically and mentally.

I also agree that having money IS a source of happiness. Not in terms of material wealth or accumulation, but simply in terms of mental freedom. The mental freedom is significant too.

Its a very complicated issue is anxiety, it can start for no good reason most of the time. myself have been through years of constant anxiety and upto 3 panic attacks daily, the only coping mechanism that works for me is putting a fan on and doing slow deep breathing, needless to say because my anxiety is so bad, going to work is out of the question i wouldnt last 5 minutes.

Only when your brain realizes that anxiety isnt important will it go away, its very similar to a form of shock.

Trying to explain what extreme panic feels like to a non sufferer is a waste of time, they will never understand, even us sufferers cant explain whats going on, that's the scary part.
    People always say anxiety isn't dangerous, maybe not, but its bloody terrifying.

Yesterday i felt great, tonight i feel bloody awful

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information