Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 28 or 29 of cycle- no period yet

Day 28 or 29 of cycle- no period yet

Hey
    I’m just wondering if this is normally okay. I usually go 26-29 days between periods. Today is currently 28 of my cycle and my app freaked me out saying I was due on Friday because it jumped to 26 days instead of my average 28. I’m just a bit panicked about it now cos I’m on 28 and feel like I should be on, stomach ache and going to the toilet loads. Not pregnant as I haven’t had sex in 8 months. Am I being over anxious? I’m just counting and recounting and worrying I’ll have something bad wrong if I don’t get my period this time. I’m 35 so kinda young for menopause..just wondering peoples experiences on This

Re: Day 28 or 29 of cycle- no period yet

It'll just be your age, seriously. I was about that age when mine started throwing me curveballs (I'm 41 now). Until it's 5 days after you were expecting it, a cycle doesn't even count as late.

Speaking from experience, health anxiety about periods is a special kind of nasty; don't be like me, and try to get it nipped in the bud as soon as you can.

I have definitely had this happen. I’ve been about a week late before. I believe it’s completely normal. I am opposite of you at the moment. I’m on day 17 on active bleeding.

Thanks for the replies, BlueIris..as I’ve said before here my anxiety is terrible near my period anyway. I’m pretty sure I am going to come on soon but once I start overthinking it spirals quickly.
    Shan owl. I only just realised sometimes my cycle is 26 days! But it’s been known to be 29. Plus if I come on at 11-12 at night then does it count as that day or the next? Haha.
    I’ll try not to worry but I guess I will! I’m sorry if you’re stressed about being on day 17!

I always worry myself wretched every single month. It's either too early, too late, too heavy, too light, too long, too short or too spotty at the start or finish.

No matter which of these it is, I'm always secretly convinced it's cancer. ShanOwl, I have no idea how you're holding it together.

I continue to feel panicky but on the edge of a period about to happen. I really shouldn’t track my period to be honest!

Blueiris and I share the monthly period woes NIkki (although even calling it the monthly doesn't even ring true now lol) , similar 'life stage'. ...and Shanowl by the sound of it !

My longest 'active bleed' was 21 days.

Plus if I come on at 11-12 at night then does it count as that day or the next? Haha.
    AH I've perfected this conundrum. I count now in 24 hour time slots from when it starts, so if it starts midday the day before.....then midday the next day counts as 1 day LOL I've kept a log the last few years and its helped me feel a bit better as I wasn't adding on days and making it seem longer lol

I really shouldn’t track my period to be honest!
    Period tracking didn't exist when I was regular, and I'm not sure I like the idea to be honest. At some stage in life its all gonna go t"*&s up, and you will become irregular, and then its more stressful.lol

Anyway, back to your issue.......a period not happening and being late or disappearing is pretty usual for most women at some point.

I’ll try that trick next time Carys. It certainly confuses things if you come on so close to the end of a day.
    Do I need to ask a dr yet or not. I mean I’m not late yet.
    Plus I’ve got pmt to the max atm

No need to speak to a doctor unless it fails to show up for a couple of months. I know it's stressful, but that's only because you suffer from anxiety, not because there's anything to stress about.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information