Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: one thing after the other....

Re: one thing after the other....

Quote Originally Posted by cofo View Post
    and fishmanpa - i am in therapy. you don't get this shit over with overnight. i usually take your advice, because you are a normal intelligent man, who usually offers some words of wisdom, but lately it's just been like this. and maybe you're tired of it.
    i'm trying and can do without your popping in with one liners. you don't even have anxiety from what i understand.
    Obviously, you're really having a bad day

It's interesting... You started therapy earlier in the month. I don't know how many sessions you've had but you were prescribed medication to help. You just posted that your therapist is out of town for a month so where does that leave you? No, you don't just get over it overnight but the journey to healing starts with taking small steps. You have something that can help you take another step and sadly, it's apparent from your reply, you haven't done so.

Its true, I don't suffer from anxiety. I have/had worries and concerns like anyone else but they don't manifest themselves into anything close to what I see on the boards. I did have a bout with depression for which I took Zoloft for 6 months while in therapy and I did suffer from "scanxiety" after my cancer and I took Buspar for a few weeks prior to the check ups as the real legitimate fear of it coming back was 50/50 for the first two years post treatment. The "scanxiety" manifested itself into extreme irritability. I thought I was doing Ok but when I was flipping out over the stupidest things, I knew I needed help. The Buspar had no side effects for me and I could start and stop as needed. It took the edge off. I called it my F off pill because it enabled me to tell my negativity to F off. My daughter is a severe sufferer of anxiety and depression so I do have some insight. I also recognized when these mental issues were manifesting themselves, sought help, took the meds and worked my ass off so I could move on and live my life. The difference was for me it was real due to actually having heart attacks and cancer vs. the fantastical nature of what you and others post about here.

I'll refrain completely from responding to your threads or posts from now on. I truly wish you healing and as always....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Obviously, you're really having a bad day

It's interesting... You started therapy earlier in the month. I don't know how many sessions you've had but you were prescribed medication to help. You just posted that your therapist is out of town for a month so where does that leave you? No, you don't just get over it overnight but the journey to healing starts with taking small steps. You have something that can help you take another step and sadly, it's apparent from your reply, you haven't done so.

Its true, I don't suffer from anxiety. I have/had worries and concerns like anyone else but they don't manifest themselves into anything close to what I see on the boards. I did have a bout with depression for which I took Zoloft for 6 months while in therapy and I did suffer from "scanxiety" after my cancer and I took Buspar for a few weeks prior to the check ups as the real legitimate fear of it coming back was 50/50 for the first two years post treatment. The "scanxiety" manifested itself into extreme irritability. I thought I was doing Ok but when I was flipping out over the stupidest things, I knew I needed help. The Buspar had no side effects for me and I could start and stop as needed. It took the edge off. I called it my F off pill because it enabled me to tell my negativity to F off. My daughter is a severe sufferer of anxiety and depression so I do have some insight. I also recognized when these mental issues were manifesting themselves, sought help, took the meds and worked my ass off so I could move on and live my life. The difference was for me it was real due to actually having heart attacks and cancer vs. the fantastical nature of what you and others post about here.

I'll refrain completely from responding to your threads or posts from now on. I truly wish you healing and as always....

Positive thoughts
    if you feel like i've offended you i'm sorry. i'm just frustrated with what i see as a ridiculous way to handle posts about different topics and probably lashed out at you because of that. so i apologize. sorry.
    i'm actually not having a bad day at all. i'm just tired of my posts getting merged. i think it's a stupid rule. ever since this thread was started on 3/3 i can no longer post anywhere but this thread. which means unless someone has been following this thread they are not likely to read it.
    also, i get it. a pattern is a pattern. but honestly, this whole board is a pattern. that's my point.
    actually i was not given medication. i have had 2 sessions and am working in a workbook while my therapist is out of town. and i have been taking lots of steps.
    i too have had a real bout with my health. i had stage 2b breast cancer when i was 37 years old. i had surgeries, chemo, radiation and 10 years of medication. so i've been there too. i also have had scanxiety because of that. it's not the same.

Every Anxiety sufferer (myself included) thinks that every fear is different/independent of the rest. Today it’s this, tomorrow it’s that. But eventually, with treatment, you realize they’re all the same. Every “issue” is just part of an overall pattern of actively finding new things to worry about. When you treat the core issue, all the individual fears go as well.

I remember when my own HA was much worse than it is now; every time a new fear arose I can clearly remember telling my husband Yes, but this time it's different.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I remember when my own HA was much worse than it is now; every time a new fear arose I can clearly remember telling my husband Yes, but this time it's different.
    yes, i get that. i understand that theory. and i subscribe to it.
    but that's not where i'm coming from.

i don't know how else to explain myself. i'm frustrated with the way threads are merged.

merge all threads if this is the case. everyone's. all health anxiety sufferers would have ONE thread. one.

Here’s my overarching question....

you’re worried about thread merging because you don’t think someone will see the latest post about the freckle. I get that. But in the big picture/grand scheme of things, who cares?!?! Is a handful of Google University medical graduates telling you he’s fine going to make that big of a difference? Are you going to feel that much better better because some internet stranger with 0 formal medical training tells you it’s normal???

Please stop making such a big issue out of this and accept we will merge threads where we feel it is appropriate. Thanks

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Please stop making such a big issue out of this and accept we will merge threads where we feel it is appropriate. Thanks
    really. now you are telling me what i can make a big deal out of and what i can't? i feel pretty strongly about this. but that's not allowed?
    i'm just dumbfounded here.

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    Here’s my overarching question....

you’re worried about thread merging because you don’t think someone will see the latest post about the freckle. I get that. But in the big picture/grand scheme of things, who cares?!?! Is a handful of Google University medical graduates telling you he’s fine going to make that big of a difference? Are you going to feel that much better better because some internet stranger with 0 formal medical training tells you it’s normal???
    true. but i'm looking for someone who can relate to it. someone who may have had the same thing recently. someone who knows more about it first hand than i do. etc.
    isn't that what every other person on this board is doing? i just don't see why i am not allowed to.
    i truly appreciate your advice terry. i think you have very practical and hands on advice and i'm grateful. just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by cofo View Post
    really. now you are telling me what i can make a big deal out of and what i can't? i feel pretty strongly about this. but that's not allowed?
    i'm just dumbfounded here.
    I am not arguing with you over this. You have an issue with me anyway so I am not going to get into a long discussion about it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information