(I'm in the states btw)

I found a psychiatrist but he just asked me how I sleep, I said alright. He asked me how I eat, I said enough. He said why do I need his help, I said my interpersonal relationships seem to be suffering. He said okay you seem like you have depression and anxiety, let me give you Citalopram. (He actually didn't tell me he was giving it to me, he just said 'i'll prescribe you something' then hurried me out of his office--i spent maybe three minutes in there, it was my first consultation of any sort).

Now this doesn't seem like the right help for me. I was prescribed this about a month ago but have yet to go pick up the script, because I'm nervous to start taking this because 1) I wasn't told anything about it at all, not even the name. I had to call and figure that out myself, then look up side effects on my own.
2) I don't know if I'll be able to find another doctor to fill it again, and so if I don't go back to this joke of doctor, I'm afraid I'll start to have withdrawals.

So what I want to know is 1) Should I start to take the medication even though I feel the doctor who prescribed it didn't really do his due research?
2) Is it even worth it to take it for a month, will I be worse off if I can't find another psychiatrist by the time it's due to be filled again?