Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone any idea how to get over als dragon ?

Hi I'm new! And desperate .

Hello everyone , I have been reading this forum for some time now and plucked up the courage to post on my own .

I can see a lot of lymphoma fears on the site and I'm one of them .

It's been a little over a year now since I discovered a small lymph node in my groin . It's still there and now I can feel them behind my knees in the armpits and neck . On google It does refer to lymphoma lumps as large but I am still panicking .

I also have been itchy every couple of nights and sweat at night sometimes .

Now I expressed my fears to my gp who said everything was fine but I'm not convinced . He took some bloods and sent me on my way and when I phoned back last month the receptionist rudely said it's fine and that was that .

I'm at a loss and in a state of confusion. I feel pretty normal . Any lymphoma experts able to comfort me ?

Thank you in advance

Murphy

Re: Hi I'm new! And desperate .

All doctors receptionists are rude. I am so sick of them.

If the doctor has looked at you, and you told him what other symptoms you had (perhaps none?) then you do not need to do anything else. The alteration in node size is not a sole indicator of a disease. They are glands which fight infections and can come and go all the time.

If someone went to a doctor with other symptoms to talk about, the doctor might quickly see if the nodes were swollen, just to act as a confirmation of infection. The doctor wouldn't be basing his sole decision purely on the size of the glands.

You say "I discovered a small lymph node in my groin" which doesn't surprise me. This is proof that you are human, as we all have them. I can feel mine right now, in my knees too, and neck, and I am currently fit and well. If you squeezed yourself in other places you'd find more lumps, because our bodies are full of them. But please don't. You will not discover a disease any earlier this way. You will make yourself more miserable.

Hi Murphy,

Im not an expert on Lymphoma, however my Dad suffered with it a few years back. We both had tonsilitis (something I suffer regularly with) we both went to the Drs at the same time and as usual mine cleared up after my penicillin. My Dads however didnt.

He went back for further blood tests and on the same day he was called back to the Drs and admitted straight into hospital and didnt come out for 4 months.

If the Drs are telling you everything is fine with your blood tests I wouldnt worry as they were so quick to get my Dad into hospital and begin his treatment and picked it up pretty much straight away.

I sometimes get a painful gland in my neck when Im really run down - it can last a day, or a week. Ive been for blood tests when Ive had this and they have come back normal. Theyve just said that glands swell and sometimes become painful when theyre fighting off infection.

I hope this helps, but I dont think a Dr would tell you everything was ok with your blood tests if there wasnt. Especially with something as serious as Lymphoma.

Also with regards to the sweatting at night, I get that also. When I went for counselling I brought this up and he said that anxiety is always worse on a night, when youre in the dark you feel more vunerable, theres nothing occupying your mind so you start to over think and therefore your senses become heightened. So the sweatting could just be a symptom of anxiety?

Dont let it get you down bud

Cheers guys this has really helped me today .

Chuffed with the fact that others can feel nodes too and it's just a normal part of the anatomy .

Also Jono spot on about the night sweats I do find myself having negative thoughts and more symptoms if you like when I'm heading to sleep

Sorry to hear about your father I hope he is ok now .

I guess my bloods would have flagged up as they have had a year to do so if it were a sinister issue .
    Glad the decision to post on the forum was the right one

MS Worries

Hi All

hope you are doing well and happy new year !

I have not been on this forum for quite some time now ( around 6 years ) but my health anxiety is back and worse than ever- I really thought I had a grip of it

I have now convinced myself that I have early symptoms of MS and I am just looking for some support

I’m 28 and at the start of October was experiencing numbness and tingling in my hands and feet - I went to hospital who done some checks and bloods and told me I was fine - that has subsided now but my recent symptoms are leg cramps and some trembling ( left hand ) and internal vibration feeling

I know my anxiety is out of control at the moment and logical me should put these symptoms to bed but I have spent the last hour googling convinced this is my fate! I am so miserable over this

Any advice would be so appreciated

Thank you in advance

Re: MS Worries

Hi there, what you're describing could just be from stress and anxiety. The former tingling and numbness could have been from a pinched nerve.

I don't know whether you're male or female but have you got any other autoimmune conditions going on?

Hi Wise Monkey

I am a female , no other conditions apart from hypertension which I am being treated and monitored for

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy93 View Post
    Hi Wise Monkey

I am a female , no other conditions apart from hypertension which I am being treated and monitored for
    Could your symptoms be related to the hypertension meds? Just a thought.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

WiseMonkey has a good point. Betablockers and other BP meds can cause problems with circulation, resulting in tingling, numbness and sometimes cramps.

Doesn't sound at all suspicious and I would avoid Google scaremongering

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thanks for the reply guys! That would probably explain the Symptoms of course my anxious brain is steering me in the opposite direction

Guess I just need to manage these panic attack’s better

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information