Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valium/Diazepam

Valium/Diazepam

Ive just started taking diazepam 3 days ago and now if i go 15-20 hours without taking one i start to shake sweat and feel all light headed until i take another one and then i feel fine again does anyone no why this is please

Re: Valium/Diazepam

Gareth

Those symptoms are anxiety and diazepam will calm you down so when you aren't taking it you are getting anxiety feelings.

You have to be careful you don't become dependant on it however as it can take a long time to come off it again!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I totally agree. They do keep your anxiety down and in the beginging they do you the world of good ............... but a word of warning.

These meds are meant to be taken for short term (no longer than 4 weeks) my Dr left me on them 9 years and i am well and truly addicted.

Although at first they were a life saver to me they have now ruined my life so i beg you please be careful

ok thanx guys can u take painkillers with them as i have an awful toothache

Yes you can that is fine.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds2005 View Post
    Ive just started taking diazepam 3 days ago and now if i go 15-20 hours without taking one i start to shake sweat and feel all light headed until i take another one and then i feel fine again does anyone no why this is please
    The med is wearing off and your anxiety symptoms are returning.
    I agree with what the others say, only use a valium if the symptoms of your anxiety are unbearable.

my gp gave me 5mg tablets i took 4 the first day 1 the second day and today i cut one in half and just took the half how much dosage and over how much time is required to become addicted to them

Hi gareth

As you can see by my above post i am addited to these meds.

if you take them now and again you'll be fine, i had to take 15mg daily and it would take about 2 months if not less to become addicted to these when taking that dose each day.
    (thats what a gp told me, after i had been on em years, they are one of the most addictive meds you can take)

hey Nanny,i have to ask ..do you get physical withdrawal symptoms or is it more psycological?I have to ask as i have been prescribed them for 19 years if i dont take them it does not bother me one jot..i simply take them as reqiured and not on a n hourly or daily basis.I did when all this started ,needed then to calm my awful panic atacks but as they have lessened so has the medication. i think i must be a minority tho.. Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with Paddington. When I first started taking Diazepam I would completely freak out if I didn't take them regularly, whereas now I take them as and when needed. You can take them with your meds and painkillers which is great because they do really work, but they are highly addictive like others have said and should only be taken for a month at a time. I find that Rescue Remedy works just as well as Diazepam for me, but I know we are all different, but I truly think that Diazepam for a long time with me was my comfort blanket so to speak, whereas now it's my long term remedy to cope with an odd panic attack as my meds (Prozac) seem to have calmed the attacks down.

Les xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information