Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting on citalopram today- scared

Re: Starting on citalopram today- scared

yes I think maybe I will. I have a week off work then too if I get any side effects. thanks.

So on day 10 now and I think I feel worse. getting a lot of anxiety and feel kinda shaky on the inside. I dont think its necessarily the citalopram tho, I think its work stressing me out. I have a bully for a supervisor and this person really upset me on Thursday causing me to break down in front of colleagues. I'm thinking of giving in my notice without another job lined up so understandably it's all causing me a lot of stress. I'm very tired and getting a lot of head and sinus pressure. hope it starts working soon

I had debilitating Anxiety/Depression ever since I was 19 years old, I am now 46 years old.
    I started taking 20mg Citalopram around ten years ago - it's been the best ten years of my life, it has given me a platform to go out more, travel, meet my girlfriend and buy a home together. We also have a three year old son, who is the light of my life.

Give the Citalopram a chance, it is bad at the beginning as your mind and body adjusts to the medication, but after two to six weeks you should level out and start feeling much better.

Good luck and keep going.

thank you urban mark in so pleased to hear it had worked so well for you. I have been on citalopram before twice and it did really help I'm really looking forward to (hopefully) feeling better and living my life fully again. it's been so debilitating it really has. I've suffered with it for a long time too, 24 years in fact. I'm going to up dose from 10mg to 20mg on Friday (day 15) wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by suemarieee View Post
    thank you urban mark in so pleased to hear it had worked so well for you. I have been on citalopram before twice and it did really help I'm really looking forward to (hopefully) feeling better and living my life fully again. it's been so debilitating it really has. I've suffered with it for a long time too, 24 years in fact. I'm going to up dose from 10mg to 20mg on Friday (day 15) wish me luck.
    How have you been getting on suemarieee?

Hi
    so it's been nearly 4 weeks now (last 10days on 20mg). im not sure ive noticed any change yet. I'm so exhausted all the time, I'm really hoping that improves soon. I still get anxiety but actually it maybe helping cos I havent had a panic attack for some time and I've stopped thinking about my health quite so much and I've stopped the constant googling, so maybe its working slowly....

5 weeks now. still waiting for a miracle........

6.5 weeks. I'm really not feeling much different. I hope they're going to work for me this time.

Quote Originally Posted by suemarieee View Post
    6.5 weeks. I'm really not feeling much different. I hope they're going to work for me this time.
    Hi Sue

How are you feeling, any better?

All the best

Rich

Hi Rich
    So 9.5 weeks in now. Well actually I think maybe I am starting to feel better. it's a gradual process but I def dont feel as bad as I did. It's funny you dont really notice it happening you just feel more normal and then realise how many more good days you are actually having even though you still have bad moments. I still dont feel 100% but when I think k back to how I was a couple of months ago I realise how much better I am. Its definitely a process, not an instant fix. I'm hoping things continue to improve. I've heard that 3 months is when they really make a difference and I remember 3 months was when I felt a lot better last time I was on them. of course it's different for everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information