Thread: Does anyone worry that their anxiety will trigger a real physical disease?

Does anyone worry that their anxiety will trigger a real physical disease?

I’m doing a lot better though I definitely still have health anxiety and gad. Day to day is way better. But I sometimes find myself reading articles that talk about how stress and anxiety cause cancer heart disease and diabetes. I already have high blood pressure because I panic just glimpsing a machine that drops on repeat readings by as much as 50 points. I’m not on meds as it’s anxiety.

I avoid drs as I’m scared of th but I go if I feel ill. I’m thin and exercise I’m 41 in a month. Recently my eyes get tired looking at screens all day. And just very slight blurr looking between. I ordered 1.25 readers and glasses to protect computer glare. I figure age related abs it’s super minor. I can read everything fine. Then I start thinking could my strsss be causing me some big health issue. Likd super high blood pressure or sugar affecting my eyes. Though I have no symptoms of that

Re: Does anyone worry that their anxiety will trigger a real physical disease?

Thing is, stress and anxiety do contribute to real physical issues (IBS is pretty common here) and in general, stress isn't good for us both physically or mentally. Can it actually cause heart disease or cancer? I know it can exasperate the symptoms and make it difficult to deal with the physical aspects (especially pre-exisiting conditions) but just based on the actual physical aspects of major illnesses on a molecular level, no.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Excess cortisol from worry and stress definitely contributes to physical illnesses. We all have a predisposition to certain diseases based on genetics, and I believe constant stress on our nervous symptom can cause excess inflammation, leading to physical, organic diseases.

Perhaps this is one reason why cancer, especially, is so ubiquitous and common these days, despite the advancement of its treatment.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Thing is, stress and anxiety do contribute to real physical issues (IBS is pretty common here) and in general, stress isn't good for us both physically or mentally. Can it actually cause heart disease or cancer? I know it can exasperate the symptoms and make it difficult to deal with the physical aspects (especially pre-exisiting conditions) but just based on the actual physical aspects of major illnesses on a molecular level, no.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks that makes me feel better I’ve been doing wY better with my anxiety in general though I still have a crippling terror of drs. I figured it was as you say but I also know I’ll never be a person who doesn’t have anxiety it’s who I am. I just don’t want to worry myself sick

Thread Information