Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annual mamogram due- complete basket case

Re: Annual mamogram due- complete basket case

Also, as I said earlier - why not look up using the search facility some of the breast cancer threads that have been on here in the last few months ?

Thanks so much for the reply. Your sensible logic has calmed me down. I Cant face looking up the bc cancer threads at the moment but I promise I will face my fear. I am also reading a very good book Overcoming Health anxiety so making progress slowly... thanks to everyone on here for their help. I hope to give back as a new member. Its amazing how logic I can be with others and not myself. Classic HA....

The bc threads are really good, when you do get to look at them, they will help you - many people were on here a couple of months ago who had mammograms. A couple even needed biopsys and were waiting on that, everyone was fine ! Good for you for reading something aimed at your condition, that is a really proactive thing to be doing.

I also have a lot of anxiety about mammograms, and any health check in general. I just had mine a month ago, along with a smear, full blood work and a thorough physical ( I just turned 50) and all was well. The tech who did my mammo was wonderful, and very chatty! She mentioned that part of the benefit of getting one yearly is it is so much easier for the radiologist to compare and see any changes, even a tiny, benign change. For some reason this made me feel much more at ease. I agree you’ll be fine!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The tech who did my mammo was wonderful, and very chatty! She mentioned that part of the benefit of getting one yearly is it is so much easier for the radiologist to compare and see any changes, even a tiny, benign change.
    Hiyer Reddog!

Absolutely, thats why they give them yearly to people who have already had a diagnosis, as they make comparisons. She sounds like a really nice radiologist, I wish they were all so chatty - I'm the sort of person who likes to understand things, and more info the better.

Had my mamogram today. My anxiety was really really bad today , didn't sleep a wink last night, couldn't eat either (unlike me). It went fine in the end radiographer as always was lovely. Calmed me down. Met the breast surgeon who told me all was ok. I have dense breast tissue like many other women but this should should reduce after menopause. I just want to thank you ladies for responding to me in my hour of need. You provided some very good advice and reassurance . I am back to my psychologist soon for some cbt as my health anxiety has been out of control last few months. Need to get a grip and stay off Dr Google.

I didn’t answer on your thread previously but just want to say well done for still going through with the mammograms even though they cause you anxiety, I’m sorry to hear about your Mam I couldn’t even begin to imagine nor do I want to try to think how awful that must’ve been and no wonder you have HA. You can rest easy now and know you’re doing all you can do and your tests are all good. Sending you love and all the best with your cbt and totally agree cut ties with Dr. Google x

Good news, as expected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information