Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's all coming apart

It's all coming apart

I mean, the US is a big mess of things that hardly needs to be discussed, but you ever notice, it's even worse here in the UK. Even the rest of Europe is managing compared to us! The very idea makes me want to leave, but I can't bear to leave my friends behind. I'd stock up on food and water in case hyper-inflation happens, but my parents categorically refuse to do even that! So all I can do is suffer. There's gotta be something I can do to stop this downward spiral I'm in, but right now, I'm not seeing it. I need help...

Re: It's all coming apart

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I need help...
    Agreed. I do understand your concern, but being that there's nothing anyone of us can do about that or other things in our lives other than accept it, there's no sense worrying about hypothetical scenarios.

Seek help in learning that.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Perhaps I should seek out psychoanalytic therapy. It might help more than the CBT I've tried as of late.

I mean, the US is a big mess of things that hardly needs to be discussed, but you ever notice, it's even worse here in the UK. Even the rest of Europe is managing compared to us! The very idea makes me want to leave, but I can't bear to leave my friends behind. I'd stock up on food and water in case hyper-inflation happens, but my parents categorically refuse to do even that! So all I can do is suffer. There's gotta be something I can do to stop this downward spiral I'm in, but right now, I'm not seeing it. I need help...
    How has any of this directly affected you so far?

And what do you mean be 'all I can do is suffer'? Suffer what exactly? What exactly is causing you to suffer?

Apart from your imagination over something that hasn't happened........

Well, the economy is expected to collapse because of governmental shortsightedness; the EU wants to restrict our freedom of expression; division on all sides is likely to cause rioting... I could go on! I mean, I could end up in the middle of a riot tomorrow!

I think you are reading too many newspapers of a certain bias, Frank. I'm in the Midlands and you will just see everyone going about their day as if it were before 2016.

There are concerns because there is a financial impact to all this but other than in our capital where things seem to revolve around all this stuff (what do everyday Londoners feel, when they aren't being stabbed?) who is going to riot?

We have had plenty of turbulent times with rioting throughout recent history but things still go on. The miner's strikes, the poll tax riots, most football grounds in the 80's

The vast majority of people won't see their day to day affairs impacted on other than prices of things. Money is the one area people will feel it. Staffing in certain areas is another but it's a big world out there and we have been bringing medical staff from non EU countries for long before the EU existed in it's current guise. But if you think removing something like FOM is going to impact on the highly paid then it's naïve, it's the plebs who get affected, not important people like doctors who can work anywhere on planet earth as they are important to all societies. Nurses may be a different issue though.

Think about living in a mining town some decades ago. Your prices didn't go up, your job was sucked form under you and the bailiffs at the door. That was substantial.

The issues with social care and benefits are also substantial. They easily dwarf prices but obviously the economy is linked to this too and a decline in the economy is felt everywhere so is not a welcome addition.

Why would you stock up on water? It comes out of a tap. It drops from the sky free of charge.

Apocalyptic scenarios in the media are no better than the Daily Mail scaremongering health stories.

Perhaps your parents have lived through times like this and know it's BS as they got through all that without the enormous supply chains of the modern world?

Getting therapy is the most reasonable thing to do.

Well, the economy is expected to collapse because of governmental shortsightedness; the EU wants to restrict our freedom of expression; division on all sides is likely to cause rioting... I could go on! I mean, I could end up in the middle of a riot tomorrow!
    This is just a continuation and variation on a theme from your other thread. Hope you find a way out of your rabbit hole.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So basically nothing has effected you directly. You're simply worrying about things that 'might' happen?

Every decade there is a new seed of imminent doom being reported by the media. This decade is no different, and the things you are worrying about are virtually the same as people were worrying about 30 years ago (nuclear war, I remember it well).

Stop reading, go out, look at some trees, don't touch your phone, take in some fresh air. You are creating problems in your mind that aren't real.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You have been catastrophising about various "nightmare" scenarios since you joined NMP, Frank. To date none has come to pass.

This, to me, is no different than a HA sufferer's long list of illnesses (they never had). The remedy and solution to this is always the same: treat the underlying anxiety, not the symptoms and focus of the anxiety.

You need to make start and be resolute in overcoming all this, Frank, because it's obviously making your life a misery.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yeah, too right it is! I'm going to try psychoanalytic therapy, I want to do something that'll help me in the long-term. I'll travel as far as Birmingham if I have to! Remind me to ring up Healthy Minds tomorrow, see if they offer anything.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information