Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: It's all coming apart

Re: It's all coming apart

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Give it time; you'll see what I mean.
    If we look around ourselves, rather than rely on the media presenting their view, what do we see?

No one benefits from wars on that scale. The big players nudge others for a reason but are happen to invade smaller nations they know won't cause them many casualties.

Why would pulling out of the EU causes wars? Are you saying we Brits are the reason wars don't happen and all our European partners don't count? Or do you believe we will descend into starting wars because we are leaving the EU? And what about NATO?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If we look around ourselves, rather than rely on the media presenting their view, what do we see?

No one benefits from wars on that scale. The big players nudge others for a reason but are happen to invade smaller nations they know won't cause them many casualties.

Why would pulling out of the EU causes wars? Are you saying we Brits are the reason wars don't happen and all our European partners don't count? Or do you believe we will descend into starting wars because we are leaving the EU? And what about NATO?
    I see it like this: PM Johnson insults the European peoples to the point where they declare war. This outrageous behaviour provokes Scotland and Northern Ireland into seceding and invading the North of England. The US reaches out to help England, with Canada supporting Scotland. Also supporting England is Australia, Japan and Korea, with Argentina, Sweden, Iceland and Denmark supporting Scotland. Argentina invades the Falkland Islands again, and from there, God knows...

...now I think about it, that does seem kind of far-fetched. Except for the first part.

I see it like this: PM Johnson insults the European peoples to the point where they declare war. This outrageous behaviour provokes Scotland and Northern Ireland into seceding and invading the North of England. The US reaches out to help England, with Canada supporting Scotland. Also supporting England is Australia, Japan and Korea, with Argentina, Sweden, Iceland and Denmark supporting Scotland. Argentina invades the Falkland Islands again, and from there, God knows...

...now I think about it, that does seem kind of far-fetched. Except for the first part.
    Very far fetched.

I think they are bit more thick skinned than taking their people to war, potentially risking millions of lives, over a few snubs. Maybe in the days of feudal kings but not in these days where politicians are being called all the names under the sun by their own people.

You've missed a situation anyway...al that oil in Scotland would mean the US would zoom in straight away and take the place over

There's oil in Scotland?!

You're quite selective about the information you absorb and worry about, aren't you?

..Yes, you could say that. You could very well say that.

The North Sea. Take it away and Aberdeen goes bust.

They have found more reserves there recently.

It's all an important part of how Scotland could cope outside the UK.

More reserves? Good grief, we can't have more drilling there, we're being boiled alive as is!

Well... it's happened, as expected. When I heard about it I knew we had, strictly because of the failings of the present government, a PM who is both a liar and certifiable. For all my fears that Trump would drag us back to the nineteenth century, I had missed the genuine threat all along.

It's not like there was much of a choice...even if you include the whole party. Similar on the opposition benches. Attempts at no confidence and pushes for GE's here we come...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information