Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Extremely sensitive startle response

Re: Was talking to someone and then my leg suddenly jerked forward?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Yes. When I was tired I used to kick people on the way to work on the train all the time. It's especially common when you're cross legged as you're pinching nerves. It's also greatly exacerbated by increased adrenaline levels.
    I wasn't really tired. My sleep has been pretty adequate. I have been having these jerks a few times a day, be it my leg, or hand kinda jerks or even my torso seldomly. I also have these weird twitches in my thighs, eyelid, corner of mouth, and bottoms of feet that are pretty relentless. It isn't like the jerking at all...its like a fluttering under my skin but I can't see it visibly, i can just feel it when I touch it.

Re: Was talking to someone and then my leg suddenly jerked forward?

I didn't say you were tired, I said I was.

Quivering/vibrating corner of mouth when half smiling? Normal? Please!

Like...i honestly don't know how long this has been going on but i just noticed today. I was half smiling (by half smiling i mean smirking with only one side of my face...like . I notice that if i smirk slowly...like...real slow, the corner of my mouth tremors. I can actually hold the smirk at that halfway point and it is like a essential tremor of my cheek and corner of mouth or something. It stops when i fully half smile, or relax ..but anything inbetween and the corner of my mouth does that. It does on my other side too but not as prominently. I can also elicit this if i have my mouth open like an O and then slowly try and smile while retaining that O shape.

Is this normal? Is this like...physiologically normal/explainable? Does this happen to you if you try it? Is it just cause of the muscle? I am worriedm

Re: Quivering/vibrating corner of mouth when half smiling? Normal? Please!

Completely explainable. You're holding a position you don't normally hold, of course your muscles get tired and tremble.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Completely explainable. You're holding a position you don't normally hold, of course your muscles get tired and tremble.

But it happened like right from the get go. I didn't even tire the muscle. I mean do you get this if you try ?

I'm sat on a customer facing desk at the moment, and if I start pulling faces the students will take the piss for evermore.

I'm not entirely sure what you think you have, but health anxiety tends to make you hypervigilant and worry about things that genuinely don't matter in the least.

I just tried this and the same thing happened to me so I'd say your all good

[B]Can't figure where sound is coming from?[/B]

I had a bizarre thing happen today. I was in the truck with my husband and his phone beeped. When i heard it, it sounded like it was next to me, on my right. I looked over there and he was like "what cha doing?" I said "looking for your phone, it sounds like it is over here for some reason"....then he pulls it out of his pocket all confused like. I heard it in my right ear, but it was all the way to the left pf me in his pocket????

My hearing is fine, and this seems like an isolated incident. Should i be concerned? What would have caused this ?

Re: [B]Can't figure where sound is coming from?[/B]

Sarah I am going to merge some of your threads together as they all follow a patern.

Please try and keep your concerns to one thread, it makes it easier for others to see the full story

Re: Various Worries, Are these normal

Honestly this entire thread is common anxiety symptoms + looking feverishly for something wrong.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information