Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extremely sensitive startle response

Re: Was talking to someone and then my leg suddenly jerked forward?

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Sarah, can I ask, or rather perhaps you should ask yourself... Does it really matter if your leg jerked by itself? Did it interfere with your life in any way?

One way to beat HA is to learn that we don't need to explain every little thing nor ask if anyone has it happen to them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Bump.

(And that mouth muscle tremor? Ever go to the gym and very slowly do a lift, and hold it? gonna tremble every time. Muscles do that.)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I spelled 'choice' like 'choise'? Bad sign???

I was texting something and actually spelled it like that (no mistext). I noticed it looked odd..then I remembered i shoulda used a C not a S.

Is this a sign of dementia or is forgetting how to spell something simple normal.

Re: I spelled 'choice' like 'choise'? Bad sign???

Really?

Well sometimes i do that cause we get in the habit of spelling how things should sound. Also im pretty sure dementia mostly takes place when you're over 65. How old are you?

I've mentioned some of the ones I've experienced on other threads like this. You need to remember that anxiety affects neurotransmitters that are involved in cognitive function. Cognitive function suffers due to mental health issues.

Think of it another way, if you are so tired you can hardly stay awake do you find you make mistakes with maths? Does your decision making deteriorate? It's one reason we have laws about our working hours for a start.

I used to be pretty good at maths as my job needed a certain amount of it. Going through difficult periods of my anxiety I would be struggling deducting from a simple supermarket receipt. I've always had an excellent memory, and again my job required this as I had to know a lot of working processes and regulatory licence information, yet I would be struggling to work out a certain work I wanted to say, walk into a room and forget why...I even walked out of a supermarket without paying once after scanning my goods through as a woman distracted me asking about some flowers I was buying I've even walked across roads without thinking about looking.

If misspelling words is a sign of dementia (which I just misspelled), then I'm in big trouble!

Sign of being human. I like to think I'm pretty articulate, but I spell words phonetically whenever I'm tired, anxious or simply distracted.

Sarah please stop starting new threads about what is basically the same fear.

Go back and read your previous threads, the answers are all there

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sign of being human. I like to think I'm pretty articulate, but I spell words phonetically whenever I'm tired, anxious or simply distracted.
    I wasn't tired or distracted tho(?) It went like this...

"Give her no choose"

"Choise"

"***Choice"

My fingers automatically want to use the S still...and I question why that is and why if I look at the word it sometimes looks right and sometimes looks wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnadine View Post
    I wasn't tired or distracted tho(?) It went like this...

"Give her no choose"

"Choise"

"***Choice"

My fingers automatically want to use the S still...and I question why that is and why if I look at the word it sometimes looks right and sometimes looks wrong..

It’s completely normal, I do it when I’m focusing too much. Especially when I was reading to learn. Still happens now when I’m reading a book.

My spelling is questionable at the best of times too, especially with auto correct being so strong these days. It’s honestly nothing to worry about at all.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information