Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Extremely sensitive startle response

I think I just had a seizure and i am not even epileptic.

I was staring off just kinda daydreaming and then i had this 1 second long, brief thing happen. Like I got this huge woft or smell without physically smelling anything and my eyes kinda rolled and my stomach dropped. It lasted a split second.

Re: I think I just had a seizure and i am not even epileptic.

That doesn’t sound like a seizure. Just a little physical blip.

You’ve been posting a lot lately, is there something that’s been really bothering you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    That doesn’t sound like a seizure. Just a little physical blip.

You’ve been posting a lot lately, is there something that’s been really bothering you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started having anxiety around Dec 31 over prion diseases cause of some stupid day or two of derealization. It wasn't a serious worry at the time, but it evolved into one cause odd symptoms started popping up 1 after another that correlated with it. While anxiety can be what induces some symptoms, these are pretty specific (I.E visual hallucinations at night while wide awake, hallucinatory palinopsia at night, these 'blips', word finding difficulties, forgetting how to spell simple things at random, seeing objects breathe and doorways shrink and swell, sudden morph like vision either in periphery or head on, etc). The most concerning is the blips and the hallucinations at night..which are very distinctive...like thinking of a snickers bar, then opening my eyes and physically seeing the word 'SNICKERS' on the ceiling...or tons of shifting numbers, like the beautiful mind guy..and I am not even a numbers person. It seems tons of people are willing to tell me it is all anxiety but can't tell me why they think so...and that they never heard of the symptoms but it 'must' be anxiety.

I watched my wife have a full blown Grand Mal in the ER when she took ill. You would have woken up on the floor not having any idea what happened. Please don't come back with some Google inspired 'what if' either. It wasn't a seizure
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnadine View Post
    I started having anxiety around Dec 31 over prion diseases cause of some stupid day or two of derealization. It wasn't a serious worry at the time, but it evolved into one cause odd symptoms started popping up 1 after another that correlated with it. While anxiety can be what induces some symptoms, these are pretty specific (I.E visual hallucinations at night while wide awake, hallucinatory palinopsia at night, these 'blips', word finding difficulties, forgetting how to spell simple things at random, seeing objects breathe and doorways shrink and swell, sudden morph like vision either in periphery or head on, etc). The most concerning is the blips and the hallucinations at night..which are very distinctive...like thinking of a snickers bar, then opening my eyes and physically seeing the word 'SNICKERS' on the ceiling...or tons of shifting numbers, like the beautiful mind guy..and I am not even a numbers person. It seems tons of people are willing to tell me it is all anxiety but can't tell me why they think so...and that they never heard of the symptoms but it 'must' be anxiety.
    Reading through your recent post history, 2 things are obvious.

1-You’re doing extremely abnormal things in order to get “symptoms.” All the staring, darting eyes, shifting vision type exercises are completely out of the norm of daily life. Of course you’re seeing and feeling strange things, the human body isn’t designed for what you’re doing to it.

2-You’re hyper focused on EVERYTHING. You’ve gotten yourself so psyched out that you don’t even know what’s normal and what’s not. You’re experiencing extremely normal “things”, and automatically assuming they’re a sign of something sinister. Then the more you dwell on it, the “worse” it gets.

im sure you’ll push back with a “yeah but....”.....but I’m positive that if you treated your anxiety and stopped focusing so hard on things that it would all disappear.

Re: I dont feel self aware

Our brains normally 'detatch' from reality if we are dealing from too much emotional stress. Think about it as our mental state is taking a short break to relax and recollect itself, I see you've posted this quite a while ago so I hope it has gotten better for you since then. Try not to worry, I know easier said than done, however, it's just your brain trying to process what has happened and trying to adjust to a new environment. It's just like taking a step back and thinking "has everything always been like this?" With this comes the unfamiliarity of normal things aswell. If this continues try speaking to a professional, it will help.

Re: I dont feel self aware

Sarah can you please keep this to one thread please.

You have a number of threads on this same subject.

Thanks

Elen

I feel like I am going batty. Bizarre intrusive thoughts. I am flipping out!!!!

I have been stressed lately and have had a bout of depersonalization to boot. Now I am experiencing some odd thoughts or sensations. These arent like...devious thoughts like suicide, hurting myself or others, etc like intrusive thoughts are typically......mine are like....like those youtube videos all about 'oddly satisfying' things...like cutting through something slowly, or sounds. Like everything around me gives me that vibe...sounds, things I touch, visual things.

I also get these weird intrusive thoughts that make no sense...like looking at a smooth wooden box and wanting to bite into it cause it reminds me of chocolate..or hearing a toilet flush and thinking of oranges for absolutely no reason....don't you think that sounds odd as can be?

Im not going mad, am I? I know what is real and this doesnt really interfere with my life it is just something I have been noticing lately. Can DP and stress cause these bizarre urges and thoughts?

Re: I feel like I am going batty. Bizarre intrusive thoughts. I am flipping out!!!!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: I feel like I am going batty. Bizarre intrusive thoughts. I am flipping out!!!!

Can you reply to the multiple PM's I have sent you please.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information