Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost appetite

Re: Lost appetite

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Yes. Pretty recently too, and it triggered my HA.

I was dealing with a stressful situation at home. My partner had a close relative pass away and it was tough in the house, especially since I too have depression and anxiety and still feeling the rebounds of loss in my own family.

I pretty much only ate dinner, and some days a small dinner. Some days I didn't eat at all. This went on for too long. I noticed I'd went from 14.6 stone to 13.8 in about 2 months. I didn't feel well. I was "hangry" a lot. Lack of food can really skrew with your mental health. I started to worry that I wasn't eating. I started getting stomach problems, cramping, nausea etc. Panic skyrocketed.

My partner got on some meds, life started to get easier for us, and I slowly started eating again. I'm now at 14.1 stone this morning. I'm purposely trying to remain at this weight because if I keep eating I'll go back upwards ... and I don't want that. So in a way anxiety has it's blessing. I lost a bit of weight. But weight loss wasn't worth that pain lmao!

I feel much better now that I eat better. I started exercising again too because I have my energy back.

It takes a while to recover from this if depression and anxiety gets you for too long.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thanks for your reply, I feel like I’ve lost myself to depression and health anxiety. I’ve went from 9st 11 to 9st 2 in about 8weeks. I’ve started eating again but can’t eat loads so still havn’t put weight on which is making me so paranoid. I’ve got an appointment on Tuesday for endo/colonoscopy so will have some answers then. I’ve been signed off work as I keep breaking down keep having panic attacks and images of being told the worst. I can’t sleep at night have been given diazepam to try and help. I’ve been to the drs loads who try and reassure me by saying all the blood tests don’t indicate anything sinister but i feel terrible. So hot and panicked every morning having to rush to the toilet and then the bowel movement not being normal, pains under ribs that are worse at night and feel sick at the thought of food. It’s just a horrible way to be.

Let us know your result on Tuesday Hopefully it is nothing at all

Thanks I will let you know. I’m worried sick was constipated this morning and had blood in stool and black specks que yet another panic attack. Just can’t stop crying this must be bad I don’t know if it’s stomach cancer or bowel cancer, really not sure how I’ll find it in me to cope with bad news I’m at my lowest now I can’t function so how do I cope when it’s bad news. I keep crying telling my baby I’m sorry I won’t be there for him growing up it’s so upsetting.

I know the feeling. I also cry while looking at my baby (13 weeks) just be strong. Im sure you will be fine x

Quote Originally Posted by kt xxx View Post
    Thanks I will let you know. I’m worried sick was constipated this morning and had blood in stool and black specks que yet another panic attack. Just can’t stop crying this must be bad I don’t know if it’s stomach cancer or bowel cancer, really not sure how I’ll find it in me to cope with bad news I’m at my lowest now I can’t function so how do I cope when it’s bad news. I keep crying telling my baby I’m sorry I won’t be there for him growing up it’s so upsetting.
    Take a breath - for the moment, you don't know there's anything serious wrong with you at all. All these thoughts you're having are just thoughts, nothing more, and they can't hurt you.

Just home from endo/colonoscopy. Found the endoscopy worse thn the colonoscopy.. pleased it’s over! So it wasn’t what I thought which I’m happy about but they did find a 40cm hiatus hernia! Which I’ve freaked out about as I’ve read they are usually 5cm and can be life threatening!! It explains why I’ve lost weight and felt full though.
    I know I need to work on the health anxiety and depression now as my thoughts were so worrying but not true and I’ve now started to worry about the hernia.
    Mrs Ed..good to know it’s not just me what are we like!!!

hiatus hernia is not life threatening! It is very treatable. It only becomes life threatening "rarely" if it goes on untreated.

Did doctor give you meds? What did they advice? If they are not too worried then just let it be, and have fun with your baby.

Thank you glittery. I phoned the hospital back to double check that the hernia was 40cm as seems way too big to be normal, turns out that’s how far down it is and it’s only 5cm😂

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information