Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have these symptoms?

Re: Anyone have these symptoms?

I’m sorry but I thought this was a place to come to for support when feeling anxious.

Also my posts initially were about tonsil stones. Not so much about GERD and Globus just wanted to clarify. But I guess it’s not okay to post multiple times?

Of course you can come here for support etc but we just have forum rules so posts will get merged and/or moved.

If you keep the same issue to one post it is easier to see a full history of your worries.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ok thank you Nicola.

Sorry if I upset you in any way.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    If you keep the same issue to one post it is easier to see a full history of your worries.
    Very true... Knowing the history and progression of your worries and seeing them in one place helps someone to respond and its also is a great way for you to see it too. Seeing what we see should help you resolve this worry.

On February 1st you posted:

Quote Originally Posted by goldie84 View Post
    I’ve been feeling like I have something stuck in the back of my throat on the left side for days now. It feels like a tonsil stone almost but I don’t see anything visible.. but it feels deeper than that. Has anyone felt this before? It’s driving me nuts and making me scared :(
    A couple days ago you posted:

I have had a feeling of something in the back of my throat for about a month now. I got it checked by the ent who said everything looked fine but a little bit or irritation on the side I complained about. She said it could range from anything from acid reflux to post nasal but seemed like she leaned more toward acid reflux. Anyone else have acid reflux cause the symptom of something in the back of throat on the same side for months?
    Add tonsil stones to that and here you are. You have real but very treatable physical symptoms and above is all the reassurance you need. So what are you doing to treat the reflux and reduce the formation of tonsil stones?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No not upset Nicola thank you. I see what you’re saying fishman .. and I understand that I’m posting loads about the same types of issues. It’s very hard to focus on anything but my throat when I can constantly feel it. What I thought were tonsil stones are not ... The doctor said that we often don’t know what we’re feeling in there so it’s the same “lump” I’ve been feeling all along. As far as the reflux .. I started Prilosec. I suppose I am just having a hard time accepting that this is all it can be.

As far as the reflux .. I started Prilosec. I suppose I am just having a hard time accepting that this is all it can be.
    A PPI can take up to a month to really show a difference. The best time to take it is in the mornings and diet also plays a huge part. Look into the FODMAP diet and keep a diary of everything you eat and when for around a month. This way, in addition to diet modifications, you can identify trigger foods and eliminate them.

Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    A PPI can take up to a month to really show a difference. The best time to take it is in the mornings and diet also plays a huge part. Look into the FODMAP diet and keep a diary of everything you eat and when for around a month. This way, in addition to diet modifications, you can identify trigger foods and eliminate them.

Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    Thanks fishman .. I did not know it can take that long to show a difference. I need to start connecting the dots that this could be something GERD related even tho my brain keeps pulling me off course bc how could that even be connected etc. I actually looked into fodmap when my hubby was dealing with some scary gastro symptoms so thank you for the reminder. Nicola I read your posts and you sound a lot like me right now in them. Stressed and overwhelmed with life. I hope you’re in a better place now. I had a baby 8 months ago.. Work a great but stressful job and struggle to find time to help myself or relax so I can see how life can pile up on us. It’s good to know I’m not alone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information