Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories or flashbacks

Memory issues

Ive suffered with dp for about a year now and ive gotten the weirdest symptoms out of it. Im wondering if this is one of them. It usually happens before bed but can happen not too often when im awake, i'll begin to recall something randomly and about 5 secounds later poof its gone and i realize that what i was starting to recall probably didnt happen a little bit like deja vu but not to much. Im worried this be a sign of a serious brain problem or even D.I.D. (im 17 just to let you know so its not age related).

Mind pops

I believe all the stress from depersonalization has fried my brain. I get constant mind chatter and sometime mind pops. One paticular time i was thinking about death and the number 35 randomly popped up in my head. I freaked out cause i look into things very deeply. Is this a sign?

Re: Mind pops

No. Well, its a sign that you are majorly anxious and stressed, but not 'a sign' of anything more sinister than that.

Thanks for your reply�� i look into numerology and signs and stuff so i get very nervous i was just so scared that i would die at that age or something and i cant remove that thought��

i look into numerology and signs and stuff
    Well, I'll be honest with you here Delilah - anybody who is prone to anxiety states shouldn't ever look at numerology, horoscopes or the like. They are a recipe for disaster.

I honestly agree with you, its not exactly the horoscopes or numerology its the habit of obsession and paranoia someone like me can get.

its the habit of obsession and paranoia someone like me can get.
    Yep, spot on

Re: Memory issues

I've had a similar thing, something will pop into my head like I'm day dreaming then it will go again. I think this is because your mind is trying to distract yourself from what your 'problem' or actual 'thought' is. So it takes your mind off the orginal subject before you consciously think about it. If you're worried about a brain problem explain this to a doctor and see if they can help reassure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah001 View Post
    I believe all the stress from depersonalization has fried my brain. I get constant mind chatter and sometime mind pops. One paticular time i was thinking about death and the number 35 randomly popped up in my head. I freaked out cause i look into things very deeply. Is this a sign?
    I can tell I am DPing if I have intrusive thoughts. Mine are even weirder than yours...like looking at smooth wooden box and having the sudden urge to bite it cause it looks similar to chocolate. DP is like being on ecstasy or something to me..

Crazy but please read

I was listening to really loud music and all of a sudden i noticed a big black spot in my vision and at the same time my eyes immediately widened and my heart stopped kind of like when i hear a loud noise idk if the floater took me off guard or this was a heart/stroke problem or even epilepsy i have been getting a lot of floaters recently so i dont know what to make of this. Just to give you some info on me, im 17 and overweight so could this put me in a bad predicament?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information