Thread: Waiting on good news - heart

Waiting on good news - heart

Hey all,

Quickly told, I’m 38, non-smoker but drinker, generally fit (gym3-4 times a week), pretty hectic lifestyle with 2 young kids.

I’ve been worried about heart issues for some time now, my dad has a heart attack over a decade ago in his mid-late 50s (thankfully still alive). I do have high blood pressure, which my GP puts down to hereditary issues, as I’ve had bloods done and everything is great, even cholesterol.

Anyway, past few months I’ve been in the emergency department twice for thinking I’m possibly having a heart attack or something like that. Both times nothing has shown up. One time was a lot of palpations and then becoming dizzy and then the other time was chest pains and then a little dizziness and just feeling weird.

Since then, every day I’ll have weird little pains here and there, but nothing enough for me to rush tot he hospital.

Last two weeks I’ve been to the cardio for the first time and he did an echo and a monitor for 24 hours. Everything was fine and he said there were a couple of missed heart beats, but that is entirely normal. Due to my family history, he sent me in to completely make sure all was ok, to get a scan of the heart with the blue dye inserted.

Those results come back tomorrow.

I don’t have a lot else to say, just that I know anxiety is playing a part in at least some of these feelings, but also I’m scared. And just reading stories in this place makes me feel better, as I know that there’s a good chance that it is health anxiety and that’s it. I just want it to be over with so I can move on with my life and if I am still having issues, then I can deal with the mental side of things.

Thanks.

Re: Waiting on good news - heart

I agree. It sounds like anxiety, but it is good to get things checked out anyway.

Here is the hard part...you have to trust the results. Not for 2 weeks, but for years. Once you get back the all clear, believe in yourself and do not allow the doubt to even start. Accept the missed beats and all your sensations, and live anyway.

Can’t recommend Hope and Help for your Nerves by Claire Weekes enough. It will help you to understand why you get these symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, few other things. My heart seems to be racing a lot more in the last couple of months. For instance I was at the gym doing a really hard workout 3 hours ago and lying down it still seems to be going pretty fast.

I keep on telling myself that ok, I have high blood pressure that we will be trying to get down with medication, but that’s not the end of the world.
    1. My blood tests came back perfect
    2. My ECGs haven’t showed anything
    3. My 24 hr holter monitor didn’t show anything
    4. My echo didn’t show anything

In my mind I feel like there must be a blockage or something that will only show up on this latest scan with the dye. Trying to be positive though.
    Last edited by Trying80; 14-03-19 at 12:21.

Thanks for that. And that’s what my wife said, if all comes back ok I need to find a way to move forward. If all is ok I hope I can, as I hope my brain will switch off a bit and just accept that there’s some weird feelings in the body sometimes. But I know that if I do need to seek help I will. Cause it’s no way to live like this long term.

Thread Information