Thread: Constant headache for a week

Constant headache for a week

For the past week I have had a basically constant headache. It isn't as bad in the morning, but does get worse throughout the day. It doesn't seem to be staying in the same spot. I've felt it in my temples, forehead, top of head, etc. I have never experienced anything like this.

I have tried relaxing and putting a heating pad on my neck to relax the muscles, but it hasn't helped. I went to the doctor and he did some basic neurological exams (like walking in a straight line, touching my finger to my nose then his finger, etc.) and he said I did fine, so he thinks it's a tension headache. I don't know how this could be. I take breaks from the computer, drink a ton of water, sleep at least 8 hours a night, etc. I don't know why I would have a tension headache for a week straight. I am trying to not think about a brain tumor, but as we all know it's easier said than done.

I had brain tumor fears a few years ago and even got an MRI that came back clean, so I know it's extremely unlikely to be a brain tumor, but I'm truly just fed up with the headache. The doctor prescribed me some anti-inflammatory pills, but they don't seem to be helping very much.

Re: Constant headache for a week

Quote Originally Posted by megs18 View Post
    For the past week I have had a basically constant headache. It isn't as bad in the morning, but does get worse throughout the day. It doesn't seem to be staying in the same spot. I've felt it in my temples, forehead, top of head, etc. I have never experienced anything like this.

I have tried relaxing and putting a heating pad on my neck to relax the muscles, but it hasn't helped. I went to the doctor and he did some basic neurological exams (like walking in a straight line, touching my finger to my nose then his finger, etc.) and he said I did fine, so he thinks it's a tension headache. I don't know how this could be. I take breaks from the computer, drink a ton of water, sleep at least 8 hours a night, etc. I don't know why I would have a tension headache for a week straight. I am trying to not think about a brain tumor, but as we all know it's easier said than done.

I had brain tumor fears a few years ago and even got an MRI that came back clean, so I know it's extremely unlikely to be a brain tumor, but I'm truly just fed up with the headache. The doctor prescribed me some anti-inflammatory pills, but they don't seem to be helping very much.
    I’ve had times like these before, sometimes I’ll wake with a headache and go to bed with it for days too.

Have you been particularly stressed at all? Or something causing you worry? Tension headaches are definitely possible in stressful times.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

This is so common.

I have had a mild on-off headache all week. I actually said to myself yesterday, when for the first time in a considerable period of time, I was tempted to visit a professional reference article on headaches: "No, health anxiety, NOT today." and I actualyl switched my mobile phone off.

Headaches alone are 99.999999999999% of the time NEVER a brain tumour, or anything serious

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

No, I'm not really stressed about anything. The thing that's bothering me is that I've done a great job not googling my symptoms and have also done a good job rationally convincing myself that it's not a brain tumor. In the past, when I convince myself it's something benign, the symptom goes away. But this is still here after a week...

I'm not stressed either - but still, I've had a headache all week. The headaches associated with brain tumours almost always comprise of headache AND dizziness AND vomiting or a variation thereof.

It is NEVER like the following:

Patient: Doctor, I've had a mild headache all week. It comes and goes.

Doctor: Yup, brain tumour.

It simply doesn't happen that way.

I've feared these things for seven years now - I've researched the condition so heavily. They do not present in this way. Go out and enjoy your weekend!!!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

This happens to me quite often. After we moved into our new house I had a constant headache for 3 weeks straight. I tried all sorts of pain relievers, essential oils, nothing helped. Eventually it went away. I’ve had a few weeklong headache bouts since. My Dr. said they’re due to stress and are very common.

Extremely common especially during hormonal shifts. Try drinking caffeine or taking Tylenol

Thread Information