Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Down the anxiety spiral again...worries about migraine aura and stroke

Re: Anyone else get weird word associations that don’t make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Maybe it has to do with shaking your head the other day. You created a word jumble in your brain

Positive thoughts
    Thought this was a place to feel comfortable speaking about anything without judgement or being made fun of...I guess I won’t be posting here anymore

Re: Anyone else get weird word associations that don’t make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    Thought this was a place to feel comfortable speaking about anything without judgement or being made fun of...I guess I won’t be posting here anymore
    That's up to you but sometimes the sheer irrationality of your thoughts has to be put into perspective. Your short post history is riddled with highly irrational scenarios. This forum is beneficial in that you're not alone and it can be cathartic to write things out sometimes but the true purpose IMO is to get on the path to healing. If my reply rubbed you the wrong way I apologize, but I hope it's also a cyber kick in the rear to get real life help with your anxiety!

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Has anyone had a floater like this before?

I noticed this recently, only when I'm in very bright light or looking at my computer. It happens as I move my eyes, and I see this quite large, shadowy black looking thing drift past my vision, and it's basically gone in a split second. It's quite large compared to my usual floaters which are just little specks - I'm just wondering if it's normal for floaters to be large like this? I noticed it recently, however I may have had it for a while and just not payed it any attention. I had a dilated ophthalmologist exam maybe 5 months ago.... At the time he said everything looked great, so I would prefer not to go back if unnecessary. I really only notice it once every few days/a week - has anyone else had a floater like this?

I also have had small black flashes in my vision quite a lot for at least the past year, most noticeable when I move my neck/eyes. Don't really know the cause although assuming the eyes are fine since I had the eye exam - anyone else get these too?

By the way I'm 22 and have myopia. Reason for ophthalmologist was that I went to the optometrist who said my results could be indicating glaucoma (eye pressure was 18 or so i.e. within level, but one of the tests seemed to indicated 'retinal thinning', but as soon as I saw the eye doctor he instantly confirmed due to myopia my distribution of cells is a little different and has nothing to do with glaucoma. Anyone else with myopia had this problem too?
    Last edited by Dimdim101; 19-02-19 at 01:29.

Re: Has anyone had a floater like this before?

I've had floaters for years some big and others small.
    Get it checked if you feel the need but I'd say it's pretty normal.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Weird question but...concussion possible!?

So I was exercising at home and my dog always hangs around and thinks I'm playing with him... somehow when I bent down I bumped the top of my skull into my dog's quite hard! Probably a dumb question...but could either of us be at risk of a concussion? My head only hurt when I hit it and there's a very very slight dull pain, so it's probably fine I'm guessing?

I feel fine otherwise, but classic anxiety can make me suddenly feel light headed etc and instead of just saying "oh it's anxiety" and letting it pass, I'll attribute it to a concussion or something...

Re: Weird question but...concussion possible!?

Sounds as though you're probably okay; if you weren't stunned and you haven't vomited it's probably just a knock.

I used to have a cat who'd charge along our balcony rail and headbutt the bridge of my nose so hard I got dizzy. I miss the little sod so much

Re: Weird question but...concussion possible!?

def not concussion! I think youd know about it

Likelihood that migraine aura will result in epileptic episode?

So I have no idea how, but I ended up on this website...
    https://www.epilepsy.com/connect/for...nduced-seizure
    Some people were documenting how they/people they know had migraine episodes with aura for years, and one day during/after they had an epileptic episode i.e. seizure. This terrifies me!? Migraine with auras are scary enough with their mimicking of stroke-like symptoms...now I am so worried I'll end up having epileptic episode too. Do you think this is even related to their migraines or just a coincidence, as some people can just get seizures later in life randomly?

Do you think this is rare or common? Should I bother worrying about it?
    Last edited by Dimdim101; 25-02-19 at 12:59.

Re: Likelihood that migraine aura will result in epileptic episode?

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you - the thread you link to is self-selecting by definition. Both my parents suffered from migraine auras, and this time last year I was getting anything from an aura every ten days to three in a single day.

I know they're terrifying, but I also know they're harmless.

Re: Likelihood that migraine aura will result in epileptic episode?

I guess I just worry since mine are quite bad... blind spots, then zig zags, then often numbness that spread across my body. Thanks for the reply

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information