Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Down the anxiety spiral again...worries about migraine aura and stroke

Do opthalmologists always look for brain tumours?

I went in to make sure I'm ok but I forgot to ask him to check for brain tumours...is this something they would do automatically? He would say something if he noticed anything wrong I'm assuming.
    Would he have missed it if it's there?

Re: Do opthalmologists always look for brain tumours?

This is related to your last post but why did you delete all your posts? It clearly shows your pattern of anxiety and train of thought

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sometimes when I'm stressed about something I quickly post in panic but then realise how silly it was so I delete it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    Sometimes when I'm stressed about something I quickly post in panic but then realise how silly it was so I delete it...
    Then it illustrates that you know your fear is irrational

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

An optho would detect strange pressures in the eye from a tumor so, yes they would. I have read that they sometimes are the ones who first detect an issue.

Ive just had mine checked because of one side headaches and i mentioned brain tumour and she said everything was ok. She took a pic of my eye, pressure test and peripheral vision test so i too am hoping they would have seen if there was a problem.

They check behind your eyes and eye pressure so if there was a tumour it would have been detected during an eye test. You would also have crippling symptoms so I think you need to put this fear to bed.

Thank you! That really helped

Anyone get this when reading off a screen?

Sometimes I'm looking at my computer or phone screen and reading words and it suddenly seems like the words have been cut in half horizontally and the top half very slightly shifted to the right...hard to explain, but overall the words just look a bit misaligned, but when i try focus on it, it's back to normal (kind of when you see something in the corner of your eye and you look at it and it's gone).

I'm freaking out that it's a brain tumour or something. It only happens on screens though - not when reading books, signs etc. If I zoom in I don't notice it either? Maybe it's because the letters are a little small and then appear unusual on the white screen. Anyone had something similar?
    The more i think about it, the more i notice it. most days i never notice it but now that i have, I feel like i can't stop noticing it and it's panicking me a bit...just eye strain or is it sensitivity to the bright white background that the words are on?

Re: Anyone get this when reading off a screen?

I get this and also my vision gets very blurry.... I am postive I don't have a brain tumor.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information