Thread: Moviprep worries

Unhappy Moviprep worries

I am due to have a colonoscopy in a few weeks but am a little concerned about the preparation for this procedure. I have been given Moviprep to take prior to the appointment and would like to hear from anyone who has had this procedure using this product, is it as bad as it sounds

Re: Moviprep worries

Not that it's bad, it's just well.... not fun. It's basically an industrial strength laxative and it works really well. There's no pain or discomfort really, you just have to go! Just have your phone or laptop charged or a good book and stay near the bathroom I will say afterwards it felt good to be cleaned out for a change

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Mix it with something like a cordial as it doesn't taste nice!

You will not be able to go out or leave the house though as you need to be near a loo

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I haven't personally taken it, although believe the above posters when they say "it will clear you out". It really is "the business". It and Picolax ha

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

I had my colonoscopy about three weeks ago and everything was fine. I didn't find the moviprep too bad, I mixed it with cordial which made it taste a bit better. For me it wasn't really the taste that I found difficult to stomach, but having to drink so much of it. I did do it over the evening and then the following morning though so this made it a little easier. My doctor said my prep was excellent. Contrary to what I have read I do not think it was as bad as some people would make you believe. One thing I have noticed since the colonoscopy is that my bowel movements have changed to more pebble like, which I have read is linked to severe constipation. I go every day so I do not consider that I am severely constipated. Before the colonoscopy my bowel movements were more on the looser (not diarrhea) side and I would sometimes go 3 or 4 times a day. Would love to hear if anyone has noticed a change since having this procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Su29 View Post
    I had my colonoscopy about three weeks ago and everything was fine. I didn't find the moviprep too bad, I mixed it with cordial which made it taste a bit better. For me it wasn't really the taste that I found difficult to stomach, but having to drink so much of it. I did do it over the evening and then the following morning though so this made it a little easier. My doctor said my prep was excellent. Contrary to what I have read I do not think it was as bad as some people would make you believe. One thing I have noticed since the colonoscopy is that my bowel movements have changed to more pebble like, which I have read is linked to severe constipation. I go every day so I do not consider that I am severely constipated. Before the colonoscopy my bowel movements were more on the looser (not diarrhea) side and I would sometimes go 3 or 4 times a day. Would love to hear if anyone has noticed a change since having this procedure.
    Hi Su, I also didn't find moviprep that bad in terms of taste - not like some had mentioned. The bowel movements weren't horrible either, just a bit weird.

In terms of change in bowel habits after the procedure, yes I would say I was perhaps a bit more constipated for a week or so after the prep and procedure (I had a flex sigmoidoscopy though) and a few strange bowel movements - mix of diarrhea and hard stools, more mucous one some days.

Maybe your bowels are just taking more time to settle back down.

Was your colonoscopy all clear?

Hi, yes it was thankfully, so nothing to worry about there. Hopefully like you say it will settle back down. Hope your sigmoidoscopy was all clear.

Thread Information