Thread: PACs ("skipped beats') - False Feeling

PACs ("skipped beats') - False Feeling

I have a long history of PACs (with some PVCs) and am being treated with a beta blocker to supress them.

Recently, in the past week or so, I have been having "feelings" of a "skipped beat" of a "dropping" in my chest area, but when I check my pulse I am not actually having any skipped beats.

Has anyone ever felt this ? Is it a sign of something else or likely just "in my head".

This feeling is keeping me on edge.

Thanks - Rich

Re: PACs ("skipped beats') - False Feeling

Hi, Rich,

My name is margy, i get the exact same feeling as you, i suffer with missed beats, i get scared sometimes, but my doctor has told me time and time again they are not dangerous, there normal to have, it is just i feel them more because i am a very anxious person. I am also on a beta blocker, called propranalol. And it isn't in your head, you are feeling them, it is a real feeling.

Regards,

Margy.

Yup, I sometimes get a feeling of a skipped beat when there wasn't one (and I've had this while hooked up to an ECG, so it's a fact it wasn't real). I assume it's some twitch or something in my throat.

Also, can I ask if it is possible to have skipped beats that feel different? Like sometimes, they can be very mild, but sometimes, you can really feel a huge thump in your chest?

It's very possible you had one that wasn't detected by the pulse because it occurred when t he valves were closed and your rhythm continued as normal? I've had this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracom View Post
    Also, can I ask if it is possible to have skipped beats that feel different? Like sometimes, they can be very mild, but sometimes, you can really feel a huge thump in your chest?
    Yup. Sometimes they're a tickle, other times a machine gun, and other times like a Tyson punch from inside the chest. Had one yesterday that caused me to jolt upright and knocked the wind out of me. But I didn't even give it any thought and didn't happen again. The worst is when it happens, you get anxious and then it happens again, which feeds the beast and then you're off to the races with the ectopics for the next couple of hours.

I always advice people to never give them a second thought, they happened, let them continue and go about your business (understandably not possible if they make you dizzy, but you know what I mean).

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information