Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Cold arm/hand episodes

Re: Heart Failure?

I would like my post to be separate if possible. Perhaps someone has a numb left arm that isn’t searching the title “heart failure” that might relate? I used to get more replies and help before things got merged.

SVT?

Hello,

I have been having several episodes lately (i think 4) where I am awoken from my sleep with my heart racing so fast and pounding. it is not the kind of panic racing in used to which feels flooded with adrenaline and doom and weird flashes it is simply just a really fast heart rate. feels dry and hallow. I wake up and generally shout and grab something. it feels very far from my control re breathing and being calm it seems like it has a kind of its own and is more my body making a mistake than reacting to stress hormones if that makes sense. i posted about this and was flooded with comments of “sounds like svt” and I was surprised I was under the impression it was nocturnal panic. people kept commenting “I have svt that sounds like me” and “I can’t tell the difference between my panic and svt.” and that one got me because I felt that distinctly. like this is different. after! it raced in the hallow way I sat there and cried and THEN I was flooded with adrenaline like bolt of lightning and my heart went fast again and my legs started shaking and I thought oh this is definitely panic. I felt like I had a panic attack about a real heart episode. I just had a normal stress echo a month ago and the idea of catching svt sounds so hard. i’m basically just seeking out reassurance or perhaps you know about svt and there’s not too much to be scared of. I had a few pvcs before I went to sleep last night too and i’m not sure what that makes me think it is more. I just am scared my heart is doing worse and worse.

p.s. can this post stay on its own without being added to my other posts about my veins I just want this to be called svt so people can quickly read and respond. thank you so much. ❤️🙏🏻

Re: SVT?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: SVT?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: Fear of blood clots

simple. if blood clots the calves would be red, hot to touch and itchy. if not, not.
    We all know what anxiety does. Try to think logically. I know its hard, but it can be done, I been there.

Thumbs down Cold arm/hand episodes

Hello,

I have been having these episodes about ever other night. I am usually at rest and feeling fairly calm and at peace. It has only ever happened in the evening so far. I think feeling a bit cold might have to do with it but I can't be sure if that was EVERY time. I will be sitting there and my hands will start to feel cold. Eventually my my left arm will go cold my hand will be ice cold. Sometimes it feels just weak sometimes its very cold. It can take 20 min to an hour for warmth to return. I don't feel I had been clenching anything (in fact tonight I had just down some stretches) but I'm not sure how that works internally. It can be very painful how squeezed the arm feels. 3 nights ago it happened and felt weak from the inside all the way down and the next day felt like someone had it it with a hammer especially in the bicep and inside the left elbow and inside my wrist. It did feels sore on a straight line all the way down the inside. Sometimes when it gets cold it feels as though the skin is icy hot if it gets really bad. I notice that the veins in my right hand are about twice the size or just puffy as compared to not visible at all on the other side. It feels as though all the vein in my body constrict but especially the left arm. I had a stress echo a month and a half ago with no findings and the doctor gave me a clean bill of health however I had not been getting this episodes yet. I might have had it once before that. The stress echo did not bring on these symptoms so I REALLY want to hope this is not heart related. I also want to note these happen at rest and do not come with chest pain. I don't think that's angina? However I have to be honest it feels as though the vessels are being mischievous circulation wise. I have been told of thoracic outlet syndrome but I don't know if they have weird episode quite like this. I don't have heart racing or any panic sensations when this happens. I'm totally open to this being adrenaline or anxiety related I have lots of those but I just kind of feel as though it's organic. I don't care frankly as long as it's not my heart. Anyone know if heart problems have ever presented this way? It's happened about 5-6 times now and I'm growing tired of it as it's become more regular.

Thanks!
    Molly

Re: Cold arm/hand episodes

any thoughts on these cold episodes?

Re: Cold arm/hand episodes

Today I had an episode where my right hand got very sore like it had been tied off which eventually involved most of my arm. after a couple hours my right hand was cold. how does this happen on either side? is that reassuring or concerning I cannot decide?

Burning/Angina?

Hi!

I am terrified I have angina. I had a stress echo in Jan that was all good but I have been talking to someone to Prinzmetal and I am pretty terrified our symptoms are he same but i’m hoping they cross over with anxiety. Every few days at exactly 7:45 am I wake up with an intense burning feeling in my left chest behind my breast, left back and arm. Sometimes it spreads a little more than that. It doesn’t feel quite like adrenaline and it’s definitely not heartburn I feel it in my blood stream moving and my heart feels irritated. I don’t see another cardiologist for a week now. I am terrified this is the burning of angina but I want to hear other people get it too? Just riding it out til my appointment...

Re: Burning/Angina?

I have angina. What you describe is not it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information