Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold arm/hand episodes

Left arm vein pain

I am a 27 year old female weighing in at 110 lbs and 5' tall. I think I have been to every heart doctor in LA and some of the best. I get chest pain, pvc's (last month only) and pain in my left arm definitely the vein territory. Test after test come back normal. They've given me about every test. The only thing they caught once was a pvc for 1.8 seconds. Freaked me out but they didn't seem phased. I'm trying to manage all of these apparently harmless symptoms with my anxiety but I'm pretty certain I'm just going to die at any moment. I can't focus on anything. Tonight I had pain in my veins in the left arm and I tried to ignore it but then I found myself staring at heart supplements at target for half hour even though I'm told nothing is wrong. I ended up buying a women's multi vitamin and logging onto this site. Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 06:15 ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 ----------

Note: I did cut out all coffee...sadly.

Unhappy Chest pain

Tired of having chest pain run my life. I don't do anything normal anymore. I started taking Xanax to get rid of it but then that caused PVC's. I currently tapering off which is terrible and I'm so scared I'll have a PVC each time I taper down a bit. But, tonight after having sex with my boyfriend I got this crushing chest pain. All of the websites say "risk for heart attack goes up after sex" GREAT. My cardiologist took my call and said if it gets worse go to the ER otherwise call in the morning and schedule at appointment. I hate that advice. It makes me second guess going to bed and leaving it alone. But, they've found nothing wrong with me. I feel like I annoy everyone in my life including myself. I'm scared my lifestyle is too sedentary now because I'm scared to exercise because I'm scared that will give me a heart attack. I'm slim I'm 27 so pretty young. I don't feel like my overall anxiety has ever been that bad lately. I want to move on. Tired of symptoms that mean nothing or everything.

Re: Chest pain

From what you say that you called "your" cardiologist I take it that you have been checked out and told that you are ok. If that is the case you will have to start working on your fear and anxiety. And NO Googling, that never ever helps x

Iamnervous,

Chest pain has been running my life for quite some time also. I'm a 26 year old slim female. Although I have had multiple tests relating to my heart, I am still convinced a major heart attack is about to take place when the pain hits. If you have been given the all clear on a medical front, then perhaps you could consider the counselling route? I got taught some really good relaxation exercises which you might find helpful. my councillor also told me that many people who don't believe anxiety can cause their symptoms actually have no idea what strain they're putting on their body through tension, I never thought I was 'tensing up' but when I started doing my relaxation exercises, I couldn't believe how raised my shoulders were without me even realising. My therapist said that that could be a great explanation for my headaches and chest pain.

I hope that helps and hope you start to feel better soon x

Question Chest pain

I have been checked out by a cardiologist and a women's heart center and have been to a few follow up appointments. They don't see anything wrong with my heart however I was having PVC's every once in a while and now I get this pretty intense chest pain when I get excited or over stimulated. I had it once after having sex which really wasn't a great time. I am a slim 27 year old female. The pain is in the center and sharp and crushing. I just told them about this at my last appoint 4 days ago. They didn't seem concerned. I also have what seems to be acid reflux lately and I did eat pasta pre-getting excited. I was excited because I had a financial burden lifted when I found a surprise check in the mail after dinner so I was jumping around my apartment like a child haha. But, if it seems to be an acid reflux thing...why would it go with exertion? Does anyone else have this? I can't make any more doctor's appointments without losing my credibility as a reasonable and pleasant human being there. Also, people ask if it's maybe muscle tension which I have plenty of but this pain is deeper than the muscle.

What is it? It's SO hard for me to ignore something that hasn't been identified.

Fear of blood clots

Hello,

I have been resting a lot more recently as I work from home. I have not been working out enough. I am a slim 27 year old female-I'm not over weight...I used to smoke for a little bit but it's been almost a year. I have pains in both my calves that is driving me crazy. I am currently tapering off of Xanax I don't know if that's causing muscle spasms. But the pain is deep. I fear it is blood clots in both legs!

Re: Fear of blood clots

The fear is scary and can be controlling, I am sorry to hear about your worries. Have you seen a GP ? they can often rule these things out fairly quickly. I am also very slim, a little older in my early 30's. I went through a phase earlier in the year where I wound myself up to the point I was certain I had an issue with my left calf, I wont go into details as that can bad to read, needless to say it was fine.
    Very often anything like that comes with swelling which is particularly noticeable in slim people like ourselves, doctors also have a number of very simple tools at hand such as a D dimer blood test, which can help to put your mind at rest

Re: Fear of blood clots

I have had similar fears in the past which were quickly eased by a visit to the doctor.

However I have our father in law staying with us at the moment and he has had a blood clot which has now been sorted out. So I can tell you that it was easily treated. He had the pain for many weeks and even flew with it! But it's a very severe pain for which he needed strong pain killers. Once they had discovered the clot it was just a matter of taking the correct medication and within a week it's cleared up. He is 82 years old.
    BTW it's very doubtful that you would have clots in both legs. More likely muscle pain. Have you been doing something different, wearing different shoes or doing exercises?

Hi, I also suffer with this despite having had numerous chest X Rays and ECG tests done. From the sound of it, you're just getting a rush of adrenaline which is kicking off the chest pains, I had it too last week when watching some sport. Ran around cheering and the chest pain returned sharply and that's what adrenaline can do to you. Try not to worry about it, I'm no doctor but as you've been given the thumbs up already then you needn't worry about sudden pains through excitement.

Hi i am going through this at the moment, hving been so worried about my chest pain and diffrent kind of sensations also..

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information