Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep concerns but confused if my concerns are a little overblown.

Sleep concerns but confused if my concerns are a little overblown.

All this week, I haven't been sleeping too well. I been getting around 4-5 hours with a on/off night of 8 hours on one particular night. Thing is, I feel good enough to where I'm not sleepy, i'm alert at all times, and other than bags under eye, feeling tired around the eye, i seem fine. Of course, someone might say I look a bit tired. I have noticed some lightheadedness when sitting down or standing up but idk what would cause that.

Am i sleeping ENOUGH to function? Because i'm worrying most about dying from not sleeping or overworking my body to where i get high blood pressure, etc. I work a very tough job outside doing fast paced stuff.

Honestly, most nights, i go to bed around 2 am, take about an hour or so to fall asleep and wake up around 9 am, so 6-7 hours has always been my normal range. I can't imagine being off a bit on a few nights would be cause for alarm, but idk. It could be allergies too. Lots of pollen in my area this time of year.

Re: Sleep concerns but confused if my concerns are a little overblown.

6-8 hours is normal. I'm not sure I understand your concern

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    All this week, I haven't been sleeping too well. I been getting around 4-5 hours with a on/off night of 8 hours on one particular night. Thing is, I feel good enough to where I'm not sleepy, i'm alert at all times, and other than bags under eye, feeling tired around the eye, i seem fine. Of course, someone might say I look a bit tired. I have noticed some lightheadedness when sitting down or standing up but idk what would cause that.

Am i sleeping ENOUGH to function? Because i'm worrying most about dying from not sleeping or overworking my body to where i get high blood pressure, etc. I work a very tough job outside doing fast paced stuff.

Honestly, most nights, i go to bed around 2 am, take about an hour or so to fall asleep and wake up around 9 am, so 6-7 hours has always been my normal range. I can't imagine being off a bit on a few nights would be cause for alarm, but idk. It could be allergies too. Lots of pollen in my area this time of year.
    This isn't concerning. It probably is allergies. I'm not sure what part of the country you're in but I need the mid-Atlanic this week has been horrrrrendous. I can barely keep my eyes open they feel so tired.

Well, the thing is that I really haven't slept too great since the Daylight Savings time this past weekend. Like, I went to bed late that night and managed some sleep but it was like for 4 hours and since then I've felt like i only been getting 4 or 5 a night. the circles under my eyes have me wondering sleep woes or allergies? And i'm not sure which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    Well, the thing is that I really haven't slept too great since the Daylight Savings time this past weekend. Like, I went to bed late that night and managed some sleep but it was like for 4 hours and since then I've felt like i only been getting 4 or 5 a night. the circles under my eyes have me wondering sleep woes or allergies? And i'm not sure which it is.
    It's probably a bit of both. I've felt exactly the same since day light savings and then allergies kicked in. I feel totally off.

Ok... Dude... read your post! Everyone goes a little off with DST and as Erin said, allergies have been brutal! I'm in the Mid-Atlantic too and the OTC allergy meds are not helping at the moment (*sniff*) I know where your mind is going and I know what Dr. Google is scaring you with. Been here long enough to know You can put this to bed. (Pun intended)

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Last night another rough night. I went to bed around 12:30 am, taking some Benedryl PM. I lay there and after a while I realize I'm fiddling around massaging my leg for no reason. After that, i get up to use restroom, go back to bed around 2:30 am, and before I know it it's 4:50 am so I think I dozed off this time as I had stronger urge to urinate. I drank lot of water prior. I questioned if I did sleep at that time so I took another batch of Benedryl. My heart raced from being scared I won't ever sleep again but eventually I fell asleep but woke up around 9 or 9:30 am. Depending how you view whether I slept during early part of night, I slept for either 4 hours or closer to 6.

But the gritty eye feeling is still there with the bags under my eyes. I'm alert and can see and think just fine. Just eyes feel rough. For what it's worth, I have always averaged 6 to 7 hours of sleep. I'd go to bed around 2 am, take a while to fall asleep, wake up around 8:30 or 9.

So again.... What is your concern here?

Positive thoughts

I go through periods of insomnia, I think most people do. When I am, I reckon 4 hours a night is my average. I'm tired yes, but I can function. I would love to get near 6 hours, so you're doing fine. Don't drink so much water before going to bed, no wonder your body is waking you up. I think you're overthinking the whole thing. You won't die from lack of sleep, you won't overwork your body and make yourself ill. You need to trust your body. It has been sending animals to sleep since time began. You are going through an insomnia phase, that's all. It will right itself.

Ghost…Spillways

The eyes are almost certainly allergies. That's what has been hit worst for me this week. They feel stressed, tired, gunky, itchy, etc...

And, like Darksky said, a few nights of poor sleep is not at all dangerous. Like we've said earlier - daylight savings plus allergies are just wreaking havoc on your sleep schedule. If a lack of sleep was truly dangerous every new mother would drop dead! When my daughter was born I didn't sleep more than 45 min - 1 hour increments for weeks and after that the best stretch I would get was maybe 3 or 4 until she was almost a year. I definitely FELT like I was about to drop dead basically 24/7, but I survived.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information