Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: completely convinced i have MS--and it and my symptoms are ruining my life

Re: Strange pressure on left side of head

Tension headache
    Although most commonly felt around the head in the "hat band" area, but it can also be felt on top of the haad and the back of it

Take some paracetamol (or acetaminophen seeing as you're in the States) and get a good nights sleep

You'll be fine

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Re: Strange pressure on left side of head

I second this definitely tension headache. Take a painkiller and lie in a dark room and try sleep it off, also drink water it’ll pass I get them every so often.

completely convinced i have MS--and it and my symptoms are ruining my life

so...a little background here. i am 8 weeks postpartum with a 2 month old little boy. i was sick with what i assume was the flu before and during labor. i spiked a fever during labor but was never treated for it. after, because i never received medicine, my symptoms got worse and developed into a terrible ear infection. my ears were so inflamed with both eardrums completely retracted. my ears had a constant feeling of fullness to them and hurt so bad i was constantly pulling at them. i took a course of antibiotics over my 6 week leave from work and also a steroid pack. i used ear drops that helped with the pain but the fullness of my ears and pain lasted my whole maternity leave (6 weeks). within a few days after labor i developed vertigo. it started with getting dizzy while walking but turned into 24/7 feelings of disequilibrium. i couldnt change my son at his changing table without feeling like i was falling over. if i close my eyes and stand still my body tilts to one side. needless to say my anxiety was terrible because of my symptoms. i saw an ent and neurologist. the ent claimed the balance issue wasnt from my ears but the neurologist said it was because my neurological exam was normal. my primary care provider was at a loss because all of my bloodwork was normal. it took about 5 weeks for my ears to finally go back to normal. fast forward to now, 8 weeks postpartum, and i am left with a constant feeling of disequilibrium. i cannot stand still because i feel like im rocking on a boat and will fall over. although, i can walk perfectly fine and even run on the treadmil now. this past week i developed shooting nerve pain in my hands and feet at work and went to the er after work. the er doctor ordered a head ct with and without contrast because of my balance problem and neuropathy symptoms. i went into a full panic before the scan and convinced myself they would find a brain tumor. well, the ct came back completely normal! that really relieved me but still no answers for the symptoms. the neurologist ordered an mri to rule out things (even though he said he thought the balance issues were from my ear). but no one knows why they have lasted this long and still have no reason for it. my primary care provider started me on scopalamine patches for the vertigo and balance issue as well as buspar and lexapro for my severe anxiety. this week i have started to develop tremors of my hands and tingling of my extremeties and mouth. i tried to put lipstick on and my left hand was shaking so bad....this is not normal for me at all as before all of these weird symptoms i was a perfectly healthy 23 year old female. i am now convinced i have ms and that my mri this week will show it. the balance issues remain as well as the neuropathy and now my hands shaking. i am at a loss and dont know what to do as the anxiety meds havnt kicked in yet as i have been on them for less than one week.

Re: completely convinced i have MS--and it and my symptoms are ruining my life

i also want to add that i have been having intense brain fog making it hard to concentrate at work and i have been feeling dissociated from my environment like i am walking on a cloud.

I know your mind is taking you all sorts of scary places but frankly, based on your post history, it sounds like common viral side effects from a viral illness It takes around a month or so for psych meds to kick in and you're in a stressful situation anyway being postpartum so what you describe is not pleasant but certainly not sinister and will resolve in time.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am so sorry you've had such a difficult time! I'll avoid getting on my soapbox about how outrageous it is that no one treated you for your flu/fever during and after giving birth and the bullshit of six weeks of maternity leave.

All of this sounds so stressful, but it also sounds like a combination of postpartum anxiety and exhaustion on top of the issues with your ear. Have you looked into TMJ? I have been getting recurrent ear fullness/pain, sinus issues, and migraines since my daughter was born almost 5 years ago and only just got diagnosed with TMJ. It's crazy how many symptoms it can cause.

You're only 8 weeks postpartum, so your body and mind are still healing. It's great that you've started meds for the anxiety. Having a baby is what made my anxiety kick in. It's so so hard. I got tons of tingles and numbness and crazy stuff after giving birth. It's likely a combination of anxiety and just the physical stress of birth and small changes like lifing your baby, craning your neck when you're holding or feeding, etc... My back has never been the same since giving birth.

Sorry, I feel like I'm rambling. But, I went through such horrible postpartum anxiety and so I totally feel you. I didn't get help for my body or mind for over a year, so it's great you are. I'd also ask your doctor about physical therapy to help with any alignment issues.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

MRI scan was last Wednesday--results not back yet?? MS worries

Hello everyone,

I am posting as I am having anxiety that my MRI results are not back yet and my doctor has not contacted me about them. I have been having balance problems since giving birth in January. I have had countless labs drawn (nothing abnormal), an inner ear CT (normal), and a brain CT with and without contrast (also normal). My doctor cannot figure out what is causing the balance problem. I have been using a scopalamine patch for almost a month and it has been helping a lot. I can now stand still without feeling like I am rocking on a boat! I am also taking Lexapro and Buspar (twice daily). A couple weeks ago I developed painful neuropathy in my hands and legs. It went away in one day but it really scared me and I have convinced myself I have MS. I was worried about a brain tumor but the brain CT was normal. Upon leaving the MRI last Wednesday the tech said I should have the results within 24 hours (I had two scans, a head MRI and MRA that looks at blood vessels). Well, my results are not back yet (Sunday). I messaged my doctor on Friday that I was anxious about the results and wanted to know ASAP. She did not respond. Are the results abnormal and thats why they are not posted?? Why would she not respond :( My ear CT results were posted in one day. I am so worried about receiving the diagnosis of MS. I have also had periods of brain fog too. UGH.

Re: MRI scan was last Wednesday--results not back yet?? MS worries

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information