Thread: Where now

Where now

Hi, I have suffered with anxiety/depression for near enough all my life (now 42) and for last 15 years or so tried a variety of neds (fluoxitine, citalopram, escitalopram individually, couldn't tolerate the effects of SSRI's, lofepramine, venlafaxine, both individually and now on combo of mirtazipne and pregablin) I don't think any have helped. Done CBT and talking therapies, none have worked. Feel lost as where to turn to now. I think it is based on genetics as my mum's side of family have had issues over the years. What do I do now if no neds seem to be touching my issues? Any help advice much appreciated. I am due to see private psychiatrist that I have also been paying for rather than being on 6 month waiting list on NHS, next week but any help here would be much appreciated

Re: Where now

Hi
    I cannot tolerate ssris and also have anxiety/depression and my Dad's side of the family have all had some nervous disorder or depression. I was on lofepramine but now on clomipramine and trying to up my dose as I am not in the therapeutic range yet of 75-100mg at least. I am on 60mg.
    What are your main issues do you feel? x

Hi, my main issues are the cycles of depression and feeling fine, no matter what meds I take, anxiety and feeling of just being lost. The factbthat the depression comes and goes and happens few times a year has drawn me to to thought that undiagnosed bipolar 2 could be to blame? Unsure. Just don't know what options I have left

It is hard to know what to do for the best isn't it. I feel so anxious at the moment with underlying depression. I think it is always there with me but it seems to flare up when a major emotional life event has happened. This one was triggered by delayed grief of my Sister, it was 2.5 years ago but only hot me at Christmas. Since then I have been off work. I feel sick everyday and have done lots of crying, I don't want to interact with anyone due to feeling highly anxious and thinking I am going to go dizzy/feel faint or have a hot flash of anxiety.
    I have been on clomipramine for five years at 20mg but have been trying to increase. I am on 2nd day of 80mg and not feeling good at all.
    Think

Thread Information