Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neck Weakness? Can't tell reality from OCD: ALS FEAR AGAIN.

Re: Dr. set off neurological disease panic again UGHH help me crying uncontrollably

im not feeling any better.. now I just feel that this is impending doom.. like I am going to get weaker and weaker.. my neck is now twitching more than ever and I am a complete mess.. I don't know who to trust.. as the doctor had a response that seemed to really think this ALS thing was a possibility.. I was hopeful that he wouldn't think of the possibility..

Don't know how to know if my neck is actually getting weak or if its perceived.

Re: Dr. set off neurological disease panic again UGHH help me crying uncontrollably

Good news is.. I couldn't find any cases that really onset in the neck.. maybe one and it was in a medical journal.. apparently ALS is a limb onset not a trunk onset typically. This is good for me to know. The total incidence of ALS is 2 in 100,000 and the incidence of trunk onset is 2%.. so nil chances.. who can do stats and help me to figure this out ? Stats seem to help me. I just wish my doctor was less of a quack. :(

You do not have ALS.

What do you plan to do about your anxiety, which is the real issue?

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

unfortunately I am still struggling with these thoughts.. last night while working I got convinced that my neck was getting weak.. as well today I have had wild jolts of muscles in my neck and scalp... just had one in my neck as we speak that moved my whole head.. I don't know what to do.. or where to turn.. I feel so alone. Although I've experienced twitching before I have ever had it in my neck/head and this is terrifying me.

Like is this normal?? I've had anxiety for my whole life and I have never experienced such symptoms that's why I am so beyond scared.

Maybe if you start treating the anxiety things will calm down. We get all sorts of weird things going on when we are anxious and this could just be the cause of yours too.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Maybe if you start treating the anxiety things will calm down. We get all sorts of weird things going on when we are anxious and this could just be the cause of yours too.
    But how do I convince myself that it is just anxiety? I feel my doctor provided no reassurance at all... I don't know I feel I am just waiting on impending doom where I can't support my head anymore or something... I know I've been afraid of twitching before.. I guess I am just shocked by how these neck twitches feel.. if they even are twitches.. my head just keeps slightly moving.. I don't know.. it's making me afraid that my neck is becoming weak. I know it sounds ridiculous to everyone in my life.. but really I have made allot of progress in treating my anxiety.. I try everyday to calm myself down but this feels truly different

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly13 View Post
    But how do I convince myself that it is just anxiety?
    You go to a GP for physical ailments. You go to a mental health professional for mental health ailments.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey all,

I got a second opinion, as there is genuinely something going on with my neck.. and he examined me.. did some tapping on my hands/ arms with one of those little hammers ( not sure what that does) .. looked at my neck. Said that it was not neurological but in fact was just tense muscles in my neck causing spasms. He said he could feel the tension.

just in case anyone was curious I did find this helpful because I felt terrified by that other doctor.

note the twitching continues ALL OVER temples, lips, butt, legs, feet, head , neck and I don't expect it to go until the anxiety does. However, I have decided to let go of this ALS/ Neuro fear just as I had to with schizophrenia. Unless there is a BIG SIGN like foot drop or something what is the point? I am making my mental health my number one priority from now on because as of now that is causing the suffering.

Unhappy Neck Weakness? Can't tell reality from OCD: ALS FEAR AGAIN.

Hey guys,

I am a mess yet again. I have been trying so hard to just "accept" my symptoms..accept that if I have ALS that nothing can be done. I have been doing OK with this. Although it is still haunting me. I want to live a happy life with my partner.. I want to attend graduate school.. I want to live my dreams. I am aware that at the current moment it is OCD that is preventing this....but how do I accept things? How do I accept that I might only have function of my neck for another month?

Here is my story recently.. hopefully someone can offer insight. I would very much appreciate it.

I have had random twitches for about 4-5 years.. I accepted these as part of me.. as part of anxiety.. I went to a neurologist and did that whole shindig. However, about a week ago I begin getting this weird bobbing feeling in my neck, the bobbing began causing it to move.. the first thing that came to mind is omg I have ALS and the neurons in my neck are impacted and now my neck can't support itself. Then the aggressive twitches in my neck and head begin. The doctor thinks I am having neck spasms from tension and I am going to go to get a massage today.. I also began taking magensium.

TODAY: I worked out because I wanted to prove to myself that I am not weak.. I took a really difficult workout class where they had us lift weights above our heads and pulse.. my neck began shaking .. is this normal when working out? Did this always happen and I am just obsessed with my neck now?

I can't tell at all... the weird thing is I think sometimes that the bobbing is dissipating but now I feel I am so conscious of my strength in my neck.. I am convinced that this work out has proven how weak my neck muscles are and how I must be developing ALS finally...

Does this seem plausible? I feel so shitty.

Re: Neck Weakness? Can't tell reality from OCD: ALS FEAR AGAIN.

Has anyone else had this bobbing thing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information