Thread: Flu- would this upset you?

Flu- would this upset you?

Young child’s teacher was out sick with diagnosed influenza for 2 days then returns to school still sounding quite sick. A parent sees some of the children hugging the teacher. Would this upset you that the teacher is back at school so soon?

Re: Flu- would this upset you?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

yes. it would upset me, but probably not upset any of my friends. unfortunately, i read alot about how long people are contagious from the flu.
    however, most people don't know it.
    BUT, in all honesty, the doctor says if you are fever free for 24 hours, then you can go back to work/school. so, it must not be too bad.

This would definitely bother me. No one is recovered from the flu in two days. People are the worst.

Schools are infection central. My mother worked in them for decades and they always ended up ill from what the kids circulated.

Open plan offices are the same.

The trouble is often people feel they should be in work and think more about that than the impact they have on others. For instance, in a large open plan office we would have to work on that because it upped our attrition rates and impacted on the business as opposed to the individual.

I work in education, and rather than blaming the teacher, I think you should blame the labour laws that force people to work sick for fear of losing their jobs. By their very nature, schools and colleges are infection central.

With all that said, this is how kids build up an immunity
    Adults too, for that matter - after eight years at a community college I've been exposed to so many assorted viruses I barely even get colds any more.

Thread Information