Thread: Anxioness and shaking

Anxioness and shaking

6 days ago I started 75 mg Retard/Extended release and I’m shaking like a leaf + am anxious. I get it for anxiety. Are these normal start up side effects?

Re: Anxioness and shaking

Hi Maria
    I have been on a v low dose of clomipramine for 5 years (20mg) however in last few months the anxiety has gone through the roof. I have upped slowly to last 2 days at 80mg and I feel dreaadful, sickly anxious nervous, in fact all the things I was feeling a few months ago. My Mood is a little better but I feel own because I am so anxious and I don't want to talk to people (which is not me). I am going to try to stick it out but it is hard. How are you getting on?

Are you in the Facebook group? I find this easier than here as I don’t get notification emails 🤷🏻*♀️

Hi Maria11112

I have sent you a private message on here to see if we can ook up on FB.

Hi, I am switching tonight from 75mgs of amitriptyline to 50 mgs of Clomipramine what are the side effects taken it for intrusive thoughts. Any guidance would be appreciated

Hi Will
    I am currently weaning off clomipramine onto sertraline, however the only side effect I ever got from clom was constipation and to be honest I was glad as anxiety had me on the toilet! It was a long time ago when I went on it, so I think Maria1111 would be the best person to ask. She has also started a Facebook page for clomipramine support - although there aren't many of us about!

How do I get on the Facebook page starting Clomipramine tonight at 50 mgs switching from 75 mgs amitriptyline

The page link is
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2119085724842154/

Don't be afraid to take it. If you are already on a TCA, then I shouldn't think that the new one will be tremendously different for side effects, but I am not an expert!

Thread Information