Thread: Struggling to cope with palpitations

Struggling to cope with palpitations

I'm in a really low place.. palps have been on and off since November, doctor found I had an enlarged thyroid gland, but apparently bloods are normal, the heart palps havnt gone away, and they are a symptom of an over active thyroid. I've had ecgs done and the palps havnt happened during them, I had a 24 hour one and no palps happened. They can happen for 4 days and then go away for a week but they always come back. I'm just incredibly frustrated and fed up, I'm worrying that something is wrong with my heart and something bad is gonna happen to me, I feel like the doctors aren't listening, I've told them I have so many symptoms of having a thyroid issue but the docs wont test my bloods again as it looked normal. I dont know what to do

Re: Struggling to cope with palpitations

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissworry.x View Post
    I'm in a really low place.. palps have been on and off since November, doctor found I had an enlarged thyroid gland, but apparently bloods are normal, the heart palps havnt gone away, and they are a symptom of an over active thyroid. I've had ecgs done and the palps havnt happened during them, I had a 24 hour one and no palps happened. They can happen for 4 days and then go away for a week but they always come back. I'm just incredibly frustrated and fed up, I'm worrying that something is wrong with my heart and something bad is gonna happen to me, I feel like the doctors aren't listening, I've told them I have so many symptoms of having a thyroid issue but the docs wont test my bloods again as it looked normal. I dont know what to do
    Trust the doctors, that’s what you do.

They are the ones that have been to medical school and had all the training and on the job experience. If there were something seriously wrong one would assume it would of been seen, the logic being that serious problems do not come and go.

I get a string of days where I can feel ‘palps’ too and then nothing for ages because I don’t think about it. The more I think about it the more they happen.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thank you, the last few days they have been very bad and I honestly think they are going to kill me 😢😢

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissworry.x View Post
    Thank you, the last few days they have been very bad and I honestly think they are going to kill me
    I know it can feel really distressing, but you’ve had them all this time, your heart has been checked and you’re still fine! There’s no reason why that would change.

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thyroid and anxiety symptoms do have a lot of overlap. I guess we have to trust the blood tests.

I think a good way to think about it all is that anxiety is a bit like caffeine in that if we keep taking little sips all day, our hearts are going to get pretty cranky.

I suspect learning to relax about skipped beats is always going to be the biggest hurdle to stopping them.

I myself am in the middle of the worst barrage of skipped heartbeats I've ever had, with thousands over the last two weeks. Ironically, it's kind of curing me of my anxiety about them.

I started having palpitations last Tuesday, then they have slowly taken over my days, went to A&E on Saturday they did blood tests ecg, chest X-ray all ok except they didn't happen whilst on machine, waiting for a 48 hour tape, blood test said my thyroid was working too hard at the moment.....what does this mean

Thread Information