Thread: Anxiety Relapse/setback - upping my sertraline. Advice & positive experiences ??

Anxiety Relapse/setback - upping my sertraline. Advice & positive experiences ??

Hey all,

i last posted in november last year after i suffered my first relapse in 3 years.

with therapy and meds (Sertraline upped to 100mg) I felt better.

I was great for about a month then out of nowhere a panic attack and relapses number 2.

i feel horrible, anxious, panicky, low mood and tearful. It’s been going on now for 6 weeks.

Ive tried accepting the anxiety, riding out the panics, cbt exersises etc but I still feel very anxious. A lot of issues have come up to do with my mums traumatic death 19 years ago when she was 45. I never fully grived and I know this is adding to my anxiety but I am making a conscious effort to work through it.

my gp has suggested I up my Sertraline to 150mg. I’ve started doing it very gradually as I’m worried about increased anxiety as a side effect.

im feeling very lost and stuck. I’m a mum to. 2 year old and he is my world. It’s his birthday this weekend and I can’t even focus properly on making plans because I feel so awful.

i just want my life back and to feel happy and normal again.

do anyone of you have any experience with relaapses and success with an increased dose of Sertraline?

any encouragement or words of advice/positivity would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys x

Re: Anxiety Relapse/setback - upping my sertraline. Advice & positive experiences ??

Can anyone help or offer positive experiences please?

Thread Information