Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zopiclone

Zopiclone

What on Earth are you supposed to when your taking sleeper and you still can’t bloody sleep😭

Re: Zopiclone

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydelight View Post
    What on Earth are you supposed to when your taking sleeper and you still can’t bloody sleep
    If you have high anxiety and or depression then sleeping tablets won't necessarily put you to sleep. You will need to see your Dr and get antidepressant medication.

Yeah agree ^

Temazepam is something else you could try

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Hi I’m On zopiclone you have to keep taking it till you have at least 3 night decent sleep . It take time sometime to work . I’ve had night where I’ve taken it and thought it had not worked but when I look at it before zopiclone I only slept an hour over the course of a couple of days it became slightly more until I was able to sleep a full night . I have high anxiety as well i would say you could keep a sleep diary see if it has improved over a course of a 3 days if it don’t work then go back to drs the only thing I’ve found really knocks me out straight of is serquel but I’m terrible the next day it’s like I’m drunk the next day and I slur . I know it rough but try a couple of days . And although poor quality you may find a slight improvement. Over things to help sleep is bed sick to warm you up if cold and use a sheet if to hot . Chamomile before bed and be optimistic see any increasement as a blessing. I was able to sleep two weeks in aided thanks to zopiclone. Until I had a lot of high stress so now back on them x x
    Last edited by Sunnydelight; 01-04-19 at 21:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydelight View Post
    Hi I’m On zopiclone you have to keep taking it till you have at least 3 night decent sleep . It take time sometime to work . I’ve had night where I’ve taken it and thought it had not worked but when I look at it before zopiclone I only slept an hour over the course of a couple of days it became slightly more until I was able to sleep a full night . I have high anxiety as well i would say you could keep a sleep diary see if it has improved over a course of a 3 days if it don’t work then go back to drs the only thing I’ve found really knocks me out straight of is serquel but I’m terrible the next day it’s like I’m drunk the next day and I slur . I know it rough but try a couple of days . And although poor quality you may find a slight improvement. Over things to help sleep is bed sick to warm you up if cold and use a sheet if to hot . Chamomile before bed and be optimistic see any increasement as a blessing. I was able to sleep two weeks in aided thanks to zopiclone. Until I had a lot of high stress so now back on them x x
    You need to re read my original post here. Zopiclone is addictive, you build up a tolerance and people should only be on them for up to 10 days, and that's just having half a tablet. Zopiclone does NOTHING for anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    You need to re read my original post here. Zopiclone is addictive, you build up a tolerance and people should only be on them for up to 10 days, and that's just having half a tablet. Zopiclone does NOTHING for anxiety.
    This is the guidance to all doctors in the UK:

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/zopiclo...ationsAndDoses

Insomnia (short-term use)

By mouth

• For Adult
      7.5 mg once daily for up to 4 weeks, dose to be taken at bedtime.
    • For Elderly
      Initially 3.75 mg once daily for up to 4 weeks, dose to be taken at bedtime, increased if necessary to 7.5 mg daily.

I was on it about 5 weeks (7.5mg from the start) and became dependant. The Crisis Team nurses who recommended by GP put me on them said they expected it to be once every other day so there is perhaps some debate about it's best use?

Don't get wrong, Lesley, I think you have a point because I've read Z drugs are considered more addictive than benzo's.

I found it stopped working as well after a couple of weeks. The first night was bliss though!
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 02-04-19 at 05:25.

Ha omg just realised I replied to my own post 😂

P.s mental health team said I don’t need antidepressants last time I was on the I became suicidal so had to stop so I don’t like taking them . I’m paying for private therapy at the moment I try not to have either if I can help it I managed to get off them to I had so very bad news and family issue . I’m not depressed I suffer with anxiety from extreme long term stress . I have two chronic pain issues at the moment , two pending court cases. One for pip and another for chronic food poisoning that is still feel feel the effects months after And think considering all that I’m doing fairly well thank you x

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    This is the guidance to all doctors in the UK:

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/zopiclo...ationsAndDoses

Insomnia (short-term use)

By mouth

• For Adult
      7.5 mg once daily for up to 4 weeks, dose to be taken at bedtime.
    • For Elderly
      Initially 3.75 mg once daily for up to 4 weeks, dose to be taken at bedtime, increased if necessary to 7.5 mg daily.

I was on it about 5 weeks (7.5mg from the start) and became dependant. The Crisis Team nurses who recommended by GP put me on them said they expected it to be once every other day so there is perhaps some debate about it's best use?

Don't get wrong, Lesley, I think you have a point because I've read Z drugs are considered more addictive than benzo's.

I found it stopped working as well after a couple of weeks. The first night was bliss though!
    Hi was that continua use with out breaks ?

Sounds like you've got it all sussed so you don't need any help or advice from anyone here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information