Hi all, I have suffered with health anxiety on and off for the last 10 years. It’s has purely been health anxiety and nothing more. Bad at times but very manageable for others. I have had a really good few years and have been almost fine with the odd wobble.
Since April last year I could feel my anxiety starting the creep back but had full awareness and control. We went through recommissioning at work and have a whole new team etc and since that point Oct/Nov time my anxiety has taken a whole new twist.
I love my job and have no fear of going into work but my god everything I do I am over thinking it, I think everyone is judging me and talking behind my back about me. I’m making some errors due to the stress and then the anxiety of what others think is overwhelming. Yesterday I found out my supervisor actually does have a problem with me so I fronted it we spoke about it and it’s actually fine and dealt with but my god I feel sick! I feel like she would have told everyone about our conversations etc.
All of this is now starting the effect me at home I can’t stop thinking about work and other people from the min I get up to the min I go to bed. I am sure I’m going to have a panic attack soon due to the anxiety of everything. Aka now at home with my son playing I feel sick, tight chest and just so worried and I have no reason to be. I kept playing over what people could be thinking about me at work.

With the health anxiety I knew where I was so to speck but this has knocked me for 6. I feel anxious all the time!!! I don’t know where it’s come from it’s come out of knowwhere and I don’t know if it’s social anxiety or general or another form but if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do Day to day to help that would be great as I have no experience in this what’s so ever.

I feel sad in myself to have to come back to this forum as this was my go to when things go bad over the last 10 years. I love it and it’s so supportive but it just high lights that things have now gone too far 😭

X