Thread: One nostril is sore?

One nostril is sore?

So I had a cold in December which lasted a few weeks and one nostril ( sorry tmi) had gotten really sore and scabbed which went away after the cold did but since then when I pinch the outside of my nose that nostril stings. I’ve had a look awkwardly with the flashlight on my phone and I can’t see any cuts or sores. My nose isn’t runny or blocked and it doesn’t bother me unless I poke it. I managaed to make the other nostril sore looking around I just want to know if anyone has had anything similar? I googled not thinking it was anything serious and it came up with nasal cancer of course but I’m not about to go down that rabbit hole just yet and am managing to think logically. As I said it doesn’t bother me and it just stings slightly when I press on it on the outside there are no sore inside.

Re: One nostril is sore?

Also last week I was slightly sniffly and when I blew my nose one morning it had a bit of blood in that nostril like when you have a cold. But I’ve had the stinging since December otherwise I’d put it down to that. I think I’m worrying myself because of the blood too and wouldn’t have thought about it if it hadn’t happened.

Sorry to add onto this again but once or twice when I’ve rubbed or itched my nose I’ve gotten a metallic/blood smell that lasts a second or 2. Could these symptoms be related?

Maybe there’s a cut in there? Or maybe it’s just a bit bruised after your cold? Or there may be a spot under the skin?
    So many possibilities, and I’m sure nothing to worry about. Stop prodding it though, noses are almost as sensitive as our mental health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks scass it didn’t even bother me until the bit of blood last week when I blew my nose so I gave it a feel and it felt not sore but slightly stinging when I press on the outside of it. It’s not a constant thing and I never really took notice of it until then although I’d felt that stinging pain a few times before I’d just never really worried about until now.

Also the bleeding only happened once and the smell I got happened once or 2 times and not recently so I realise I’m probably over reacting 🙈 feel silly but feels like a major thing when you’re in the heat of it

Yes of course it feels massive while you’re in it, but it’s just a bit sensitive after your cold. It’ll pass x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information