Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye Floaters

Eye Floaters

Hi,

Hoping I can get some advice on this or find someone with the same symptom.

Over the past couple months or so I keep noticing eye floaters, they look like black translucent stringy worms in my vision! I seem to notice them more when it’s bright outside or looking at a white wall. Sometimes, especially when it’s bright, I can have loads moving across my vision!!

I was really worried so went to an optician who did a thorough eye exam, dilated, and said my eyes were perfectly healthy and it’s just a normal thing with age, I’m only 29!!

I’m now wondering if I’ve always had floaters and my anxiety is just making me aware of them.

Re: Eye Floaters

Yep, I have tons of these.

They're annoying, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by allen1989 View Post
    Hi,

Hoping I can get some advice on this or find someone with the same symptom.

Over the past couple months or so I keep noticing eye floaters, they look like black translucent stringy worms in my vision! I seem to notice them more when it’s bright outside or looking at a white wall. Sometimes, especially when it’s bright, I can have loads moving across my vision!!

I was really worried so went to an optician who did a thorough eye exam, dilated, and said my eyes were perfectly healthy and it’s just a normal thing with age, I’m only 29!!

I’m now wondering if I’ve always had floaters and my anxiety is just making me aware of them.
    I’m only 25 and I have loads too! Your eyes have been checked so you’re all good.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

You're only 29? Wow, I've had these from I was a teen! (25 now)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    You're only 29? Wow, I've had these from I was a teen! (25 now)
    Kids ... I'm 60 and if I deliberately focus, I do too

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Kids ... I'm 60 and if I deliberately focus, I do too

Positive thoughts
    That's because you have a fisheye lens

Never Surrender, Comrade

I started seeing them in September last year and I see them constantly from then on. Every day, only thing that helps are sunglasses.

Heard it is nothing serious, there is no real illness connected to it apart from retinal detachment which includes light flashes.

Everyone says you stop noticing them eventually. I doubt that since this is going on for more than 6 months. We will see

Thanks for the replyÂ’s. Hopefully with time I will stop noticing them as much 🙏🤔

Back Again.........Eye Floaters!! Anxiety!!

Hi,

I previously started a thread on eye floaters but am still plagued everyday by the anxiety they bring!!

I got so stressed about them last week that I actually went to an eye A&E! The ophthalmologist did a thorough dilated eye exam and said my eyes were perfectly healthy! but I’m just not convinced.......typical health anxiety!!

I feel like I can just constantly see these translucent worms floating across my vision! They get worse when looking at white walls/bright backgrounds, it’s like black cobwebs in my vision!! When looking at white walls I must have about 10 in each eye that move when I move my eyes!!

I’m not sure if I’ve had these for a while and I’m just more aware but they cause so much anxiety!!!! Help!!!!!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information